What's new

The Coffee House

Great Thanksgiving here. My 97 year old mom came over and insisted on bringing 2 side dishes. She made sweet potato casserole and broccoli salad - and they were great!

My roasted butternut squash soup was phenomenal, if I say so myself. 😋 Once I ladled the soup into bowls, I drizzled olive oil over the top and sprinkled chopped thyme and fresh ground black pepper. 'Twas awesome.

The turkey wasn't bad, either! We had a 2004 J.J. Prum Auslese with the meal. It was all followed by the apple pie.

The diet is trashed and I don't care a bit. :lol:
 
We went to Portland and had dinnrr at a waterside seafood restaurant; chef’s table buffet. It was excellent, and to top it off, we have snow,
Snow on Thanksgiving! Nice.
 
Well our Thanksgiving plans got derailed. We'd planned on going to son's house for Thanksgiving meal, DIL rivals DW in the kitchen. Put them together and its a real feast. Unfortunately DW woke up during the night sick, so we had to cancel. Looks like it'll be Cracker Barrel for us, plus extra sides.
Sorry to hear that. I hope she’s feeling better.
Speedy recovery! CB has good food, but not the same as family. didn't cook this year, so we'll be going to my son's in-laws house, which is just down the road a bit.
It’s fun to be a guest and just bring a dessert or side dish, especially if there’s not a long drive involved.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I ate too much....as usual.
Same!
We went to Portland and had dinnrr at a waterside seafood restaurant; chef’s table buffet. It was excellent, and to top it off, we have snow,
You have to try $3 Dewey’s next time you’re in Portland. Get the Mac n cheese with pulled pork.
Great Thanksgiving here. My 97 year old mom came over and insisted on bringing 2 side dishes. She made sweet potato casserole and broccoli salad - and they were great!

My roasted butternut squash soup was phenomenal, if I say so myself. 😋 Once I ladled the soup into bowls, I drizzled olive oil over the top and sprinkled chopped thyme and fresh ground black pepper. 'Twas awesome.

The turkey wasn't bad, either! We had a 2004 J.J. Prum Auslese with the meal. It was all followed by the apple pie.

The diet is trashed and I don't care a bit. :lol:
Sounds fantastic!
 
No turkey for us. I don't eat it and Buzz will eat it but it's not his favorite, so he made a roast and I made salmon and some sides.

What I am going to brag about, though, was my apple pie. (Forgot to buy milk, so I had to scrap the pumpkin pie for now.) I played with some different spices for the apples, and I found a recipe/procedure for crust that came out amazing! It's now going to be my go-to crust. So flaky and tasty! I even impressed Buzz's teenaged neice and nephew who aren't usually pie fans, but they gobbled it up.

And now to put a hot water bottle on my belly and crawl into bed! 😂
 
$3 Dewey’s: I know the story behind the name. 😉

I hope DW feels better soon.

IMG_1684.webp
 
Just finished the final winterizing tasks on the Rvs and equipment. Supposed to get down to a low of 21 by Monday.

DW maybe slightly better today. Now to catch up on some rest.
 
Why is aussieland advertising "black friday" stuff/sales when its an a american thanks giving thing?
 
Why is aussieland advertising "black friday" stuff/sales when its an a american thanks giving thing?
Say "hello" to Globalization! Canada's Thanksgiving is in October but "Black Friday" ads have been running for weeks here...Know anything about deep-sea fishing? If so, these ads are like a chum slick.
 
Got a vist at last from one of the fledglings this morning, little worried as i haven't seen the twin in a bit & mum/dad were only feeding this one.

Just crappy cheap phone camera pics because it's raining all day here today out there.

The way i tell the younglings apart is by keeping track of there markings so a feather pattern and or a beak marking ( there always changing though). Haven't been able to take stuff all shots to keep track of whos who since theres been bugger all visits.

Dad feeding Koda or Dusky, idk. He's not afraid of me, he's definitely been watching his parents interact with me with there visits here.
IMG_20241130_082023.webp


And my little men, waterlogged bunnys🤣.
IMG_20241130_083106.webp
 
So he thinks the banana tastes different because it cost 6.2 million US, the adhesive from the ducted tape probably leeched into it.

The whole saga of this banana things just nonsense👎.
Screenshot_20241130-095145_Chrome.webp
 
So he thinks the banana tastes different because it cost 6.2 million US, the adhesive from the ducted tape probably leeched into it.

The whole saga of this banana things just nonsense👎.View attachment 281703
What was it that P. T. Barnum said?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom