What's new

The Coffee House

It is 63F right now but should only get to about 70F today.

Amy and moi.

Love that picture! In my head, though, you will always be the guy in your avatar--mask and all. ;-)

It'll actually be almost as warm here today as there; about 68. Tomorrow and Wednesday may get into the mid-70s.
But then a high of about 40 by Friday--the day I was planning to take off and go hunt some birds!
 
It is 63F right now but should only get to about 70F today.

Amy and moi.

Love that picture! In my head, though, you will always be the guy in your avatar--mask and all. ;-)

Me too :)

It's warm here today. I think it's going to be a high of 60F? 61? Something like that. Very warm for mid-November. But by the end of the week, it'll be in the 40s again.

They have about 35 more minutes to write. Some of them were pissing me off so I got kinda bitchy. There were lots of little things, but for example, two of three of them were totally clueless that we were having a practice exam. I've been talking about this practice exam for 2 weeks, reminding them at the start of every class. These students were not absent, either. :BangHead:

I'm looking at essays but just giving them a first read. One kid had plagiarized material in his first essay. He gave me the, "Oh I thought I quoted it!" line. I made him rewrite it and gave him a warning. This 3rd essay? Same kid plagiarized again. You don't get three strikes in my class, so he's essentially doomed now.
 
It is 63F right now but should only get to about 70F today.

Amy and moi.

Love that picture! In my head, though, you will always be the guy in your avatar--mask and all. ;-)

Me too :)

It's warm here today. I think it's going to be a high of 60F? 61? Something like that. Very warm for mid-November. But by the end of the week, it'll be in the 40s again.

They have about 35 more minutes to write. Some of them were pissing me off so I got kinda bitchy. There were lots of little things, but for example, two of three of them were totally clueless that we were having a practice exam. I've been talking about this practice exam for 2 weeks, reminding them at the start of every class. These students were not absent, either. :BangHead:

I'm looking at essays but just giving them a first read. One kid had plagiarized material in his first essay. He gave me the, "Oh I thought I quoted it!" line. I made him rewrite it and gave him a warning. This 3rd essay? Same kid plagiarized again. You don't get three strikes in my class, so he's essentially doomed now.
 
You guys have the Polar Express coming right at 'Cha ... So watch out.

I used to do all my writing in a bar. LOL, the life of a news guy. I had a column in the my college paper. It only officially only ran once. It was called Monday's at Medina's (a local watering hole for the disinfranchised and poor students). I managed to offend nearly ever person on the planet. The few I missed I intended to hit with the next day's column. My plan was foiled by the prof sternly pulling my column and a brazen threat of a failing grade if I didn't write an appropriate apology.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #770
I'm looking at essays but just giving them a first read. One kid had plagiarized material in his first essay. He gave me the, "Oh I thought I quoted it!" line. I made him rewrite it and gave him a warning. This 3rd essay? Same kid plagiarized again. You don't get three strikes in my class, so he's essentially doomed now.

Future Congressman, that one.
 
Howdy, folks. Anyone around?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #773
I'm here for a while
 
My evening students are writing their practice essays and I don't feel like grading.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #775
I'll grade for you. Head over to "What is it??" and take a guess.
 
Kinda popping in and out for a bit. Pretty sure I'm gonna find my bed and a good book a bit earlier than usual tonight.

Whatcha readin'?

Did I tell you folks that I finished that book club selection in an hour and fifteen minutes?
 
I'll grade for you. Head over to "What is it??" and take a guess.

Heading over right now!

Oh my god, 11 more jammin' seconds! I'm having Leaderboard flashbacks...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #778
Not, quite, Lenny, but almost everything is a cat toy at one point.
 
Not, quite, Lenny, but almost everything is a cat toy at one point.

True. Except, perhaps, objects made specifically to be cat toys ;)
 
Kinda popping in and out for a bit. Pretty sure I'm gonna find my bed and a good book a bit earlier than usual tonight.

Whatcha readin'?

Did I tell you folks that I finished that book club selection in an hour and fifteen minutes?

Right now, I'm reading sheer fluff. Eye candy reading, because I don't have the energy to actually pay attention and I just want to be entertained. I don't even know what the name of it is. It's a book called Desert Heat by J.A. Jance. I think that's a pen name for some popular romance writer. The author was recommended by a friend, so I tried it. It's predictable, but entertaining enough and requires no effort on my part at all, so it's the perfect read for tonight.

I'll typically read books like this in an evening, maybe two if I'm tired or too busy to really just sit down and read. I'm a little over half done with this one, so I should be able to finish it tonight.

Most women like romance for their eye candy/fluff reading material--I tend to like mysteries and crime thrillers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom