What's new

The Coffee House

I really should finish editing that batch of photos I just did that post up from. But I really don't feel like it....

Might as well wait for the cc (if there is any) and worry about finishing the editing then. I already gave the parents some of the photos but am holding back all these still.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #752
Good afternoon Marija. :1219:
 
Good afternoon Marija. :1219:
here's some pink-purple- glitter I looove so very much ;)

good-afternoon-78.gif
 
Hey y'all, how's everybody doing this morning/afternoon?

I loved being gone all weekend and NOT having a blue zillion pages of posts to catch up on when I logged on this morning.

Had an awesome but sleep-deprived weekend with my leadership team for our women's ministry. These are the people who are closer to me than anyone else and we spent the entire weekend at a beautiful cabin in the Smokies (after a somewhat terrifying drive straight up the side of a mountain to get there). We ate and laughed, and cried,and ate, and played games and ate and talked and ate...

One of these ladies is my friend who lost her husband in a boating accident this past Memorial Day (end of May, Marija). We all miss him SO much--he was one of those guys everybody loved. If you'd known him for more than a week, you felt like he was your best friend.
The next two months, with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, are going to be so hard for her, but she is just an amazing, sweet, gracious and incredibly strong person!
 
Sharon!!! We missed you! :icon_hug:

It sounds like a wonderful weekend, one that you needed too after the crazy week you had. Glad you had a good time : I remember when you posted about your friend's husband. So sad. I'll keep her in my meditations during the holidays.
 
First off, glad you had a nice weekend

One of these ladies is my friend who lost her husband in a boating accident this past Memorial Day (end of May, Marija). We all miss him SO much--he was one of those guys everybody loved. If you'd known him for more than a week, you felt like he was your best friend.
The next two months, with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, are going to be so hard for her, but she is just an amazing, sweet, gracious and incredibly strong person!

I remember when that happened.

Lots of so much :586: and :icon_hug:for her! I'm sure you'll help her as much as you can
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #757
Welcome back, Sharon. I'm glad the weekend went well.
Good morning, Lenny.
Marija, since you found some pink glitter, I won't send you the pink glittery roses. :winksexy:

Although I am not in the office today, I have work to do so I'll be gone from TPF for most of the day. Have fun, y'all.
 
Have a good day, Charlie!

I've got my long Monday, but it's a little easier today because both my classes are doing practice exams. They have their first real exam next week, so we're doing a 'dry run.'

My classes are 'developmental' - meaning they're meant to prepare students for English 101 - and the students have to pass a departmental essay exam to get out of the class. It's called the exit exam. They have 100 minutes to write one essay. There are two chances to pass the exam and they only have to pass once. So that is what next week is - their first exit exam.

We've been doing more and more short in-class writing activities so they can improve their speed, but this is our first full-length timed writing practice. So essentially in both classes, I'm just proctoring and not actively teaching a lesson. I'll grade essays while they are writing, but I might come to see who's hanging at the Coffee House :)
 
Thanks; I loved the weekend and that time with my best buddies, but I will say it was also kinda nice to wake up this morning, grab my coffee and come to the Coffee House!

I won't be on much today, I don't expect. I've got a massive amount of work to do today--all that stuff that needed to be done last week as part of my REGULAR full-time job, which didn't happen because I was busy doing a different full-time job!

Now we are already past the deadline for people to get me the information I need for several end-of-year projects, and of course, I don't have any of it yet!
Veteran's Day Parade tomorrow that I need to get detours posted for, photos that have to be selected for the calendar that is due to the printer before the end of the month, route schedule changes for January that will need to be at the printer soon--on and on. PLUS I still have over a week of use-it-or-lose-it vacation to take before the end of the year--which is great, except it means all this work REALLY needs to get done so I *can* take it!
 
I'm sitting here with a nice real coffee, not one of those machine-brewed ones we have here at work, since I had to go out to the bank, so I stopped by a coffee place on the way back. There are only about ten within two blocks of here. There are actually four Dunkin' Donuts between here and the train station four blocks from here.

The usual here these days, which is putting up with and keeping up with the company's end-of-year nonsense (no, you don't want to know). However, a guy has to have his breaks, no?
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. Welcome back Sharon. I am glad you had a well eaten weekend. Coffee is good. It is cooling off. It is 63F right now but should only get to about 70F today. My youngest daughter, Amy, came over yesterday with her one year old Goldie pup, Holly. Holly is on the overactive side, her real name is Holly No. She and Cook had some fun then Cook got tired of the over energized Holly and just walked back inside and left her. I marinated some chicken which I tossed on the BBQ ... it was delish.

IMG_4505-L.jpg

Amy and moi.
 
For the class or for money?
 
Yesterday, I marinated the chicken for about five hours. I ran around the yard grabbing stuff, oranges ... Simon and Garfunkel herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme), fennel and some lavender sprigs. Splashed in some chardonnay and my chili powder for some zip and viola! (I'm proud of myself. :1219: )
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom