What's new

The Coffee House

Eh, I can't voice my opinion on unions since it would be political (which isn't allowed here) and because the system would probably crash trying to bleep out the bad words in my post.
 
In other news, I just ordered forty 8x10 prints from Adoramapix because they are on sale for $1 each. Sale ends tonight and I almost forgot about it.

Mostly, I decided to start printing more images because I want to see how they differ from screen to print. I'm also considering putting a more cohesive portfolio together, maybe doing a photo book or something.

I've also got a vague idea for how to start writing consistently again and combining that with photography.
 
Sorry, pix, that was not a clumsy way to change the subject from unions! Just a simulpost! :)
 
Oh, and Charlie, later this week when it gets nice and chilly again, I'll wear my hipster fedora and get a selfie for you :cool-48:
 
a buck a piece for 8x10s? what a freakn deal. They nail you on shipping or is shipping free?
 
a buck a piece for 8x10s? what a freakn deal. They nail you on shipping or is shipping free?

Free shipping over $39, though it does take longer. Estimated delivery is next Wednesday, but they usually are faster than that. But I'm also just 50 miles away from them :)

You've still got an hour if you want to just throw a few pictures at them and see how you like their prints: Photo Prints - Online Digital Photo Printing, Professional Large Quality Prints - AdoramaPix
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #817
In other news, I just ordered forty 8x10 prints from Adoramapix because they are on sale for $1 each. Sale ends tonight and I almost forgot about it.

Mostly, I decided to start printing more images because I want to see how they differ from screen to print. I'm also considering putting a more cohesive portfolio together, maybe doing a photo book or something.

I've also got a vague idea for how to start writing consistently again and combining that with photography.
When I was taking the digital class, we did a test print. We found that the print was about the same as 1/2 brightness of the screen (iMac), on average.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #818
Oh, and Charlie, later this week when it gets nice and chilly again, I'll wear my hipster fedora and get a selfie for you :cool-48:
Same outfit as the SCOTUS photo? :winksexy:

Free shipping over $39, though it does take longer. Estimated delivery is next Wednesday, but they usually are faster than that. But I'm also just 50 miles away from them :)
I was going to say - you could almost drive there easily enough!
 
Has anyone tried canvas prints? Do the pictures look similar to how they would on paper? I'm sort of playing with printing this on canvas because it kind of looks like a painting already:

Pods.webp
 
Oh, and Charlie, later this week when it gets nice and chilly again, I'll wear my hipster fedora and get a selfie for you :cool-48:
Same outfit as the SCOTUS photo? :winksexy:

Perhaps...if I can't find anything more hipstery ;)

Free shipping over $39, though it does take longer. Estimated delivery is next Wednesday, but they usually are faster than that. But I'm also just 50 miles away from them :)
I was going to say - you could almost drive there easily enough!

When I ordered the Konstruktor from Lomography, it shipped from their Brooklyn site. It took FOR.EV.ER. I finally got a hold of someone in customer service and said, "Look. I can be there in about 2 hours. I'll come and pick up the damn thing myself. Or are you finally going to hitch up the mule and get your delivery up here like you said you would??"
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #821
Perhaps...if I can't find anything more hipstery ;)
Anything would be fine.

When I ordered the Konstruktor from Lomography, it shipped from their Brooklyn site. It took FOR.EV.ER. I finally got a hold of someone in customer service and said, "Look. I can be there in about 2 hours. I'll come and pick up the damn thing myself. Or are you finally going to hitch up the mule and get your delivery up here like you said you would??"
Well, if they were in St. Mary's County, they would be using the buggy (Amish). If you run into any problems, send a PM or Conversation to Helen Oster.
 
c
a buck a piece for 8x10s? what a freakn deal. They nail you on shipping or is shipping free?

Free shipping over $39, though it does take longer. Estimated delivery is next Wednesday, but they usually are faster than that. But I'm also just 50 miles away from them :)

You've still got an hour if you want to just throw a few pictures at them and see how you like their prints: Photo Prints - Online Digital Photo Printing, Professional Large Quality Prints - AdoramaPix
crappola . i don't have time. still have to convert and search through.....fourty prints in fourty five minutes to convert and upload and find??
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #823
c
a buck a piece for 8x10s? what a freakn deal. They nail you on shipping or is shipping free?

Free shipping over $39, though it does take longer. Estimated delivery is next Wednesday, but they usually are faster than that. But I'm also just 50 miles away from them :)

You've still got an hour if you want to just throw a few pictures at them and see how you like their prints: Photo Prints - Online Digital Photo Printing, Professional Large Quality Prints - AdoramaPix
crappola . i don't have time. still have to convert and search through.....fourty prints in fourty five minutes to convert and upload and find??
They have deals all the time.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #824
Has anyone tried canvas prints? Do the pictures look similar to how they would on paper? I'm sort of playing with printing this on canvas because it kind of looks like a painting already:

View attachment 89168

I have one of this; it's not much different but you can tell it's fabric. Make sure you leave enough space around it for a gallery wrap mount. Mine was cropped too close.
cmw3_d40_portland_hd_lt1 by cmwrenn3, on Flickr
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #825
I've about had it for the night. My back is killing me so I need to get out of this chair & lay down.
I'll catch you all in the morning, over coffee.

Good night, everyone.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom