What's new

The Coffee House

Ain't that the truth. Have a good day, do what you want to do today! I'm off to bed!
 
Good night Rick!
 
Well,supposed to be off shift at 0600.....still running.
Kid got his face broken and is going to the trauma center.
 
Good morning, folks!

I sat down last night to watch TV and read my book; didn't even make it through a chapter, I don't think. Woke up at 5:20 a.m.; at least that's what I THOUGHT. Got up, made my coffee, sat down at the computer...and that's when I realized it was only FOUR thirty. But by that time, I'd had my morning coffee...
 
Kid got his face broken and is going to the trauma center.
omg :( :( :(
Well, you know how it is.
Boys will be boys.
How many years do you work on this job?
Can a person ever get used to seeing illnesses and traumas without affecting them?
5 years now.
I'm pretty apethetic.
We take a lot of kids too.

I just don't know how you do it, really I don't. Working those long, long hours and dealing with events that change whole families' lives every day, I just wouldn't have the emotional stamina to keep doing that. But I have great respect and appreciation for those who do. To me, you are doing as great a service as the police and military do. Thank you!
 
Indeed!

Good morning to all, just had two cups of black, and two "Everything" bagels w/margarine and preserves.
 
Forgot to add my thanks to all who've served.
 
Veteran's Day Parade today. The parade "stages" (meaning, all the vehicles, groups, etc. meet and line up) right at the intersection where my work building is and then the parade starts from there and goes past our building, up to the "main" street through downtown (which is NOT, oddly enough, Main Street...).
I guess I'll at least take my camera--there's one picture in particular I want to try to get better than I have before. There's this one guy, older gentleman, who is out there every year, with his grandkids. He's in full uniform, and last year one of his grandkids was dressed in some kind of old colonial style costume. His grandkids wave their flags as he stands at attention and salutes every single group of veterans who goes by during the course of the parade. It brings tears to my eyes.

This is one shot I've gotten, but the shot I see in my head, I haven't gotten yet:
Nov11_8248editweb.webp
 
GOOD AFTERNOON!!!

images
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom