The Coffee House

image.jpg

My new Kamado grill.

That grill inexplicably reminds me of some kind of cartoon space ship. Marvin the Martian came to mind first.

Cutting back on the coffee............... just 2 cups of weak joe today. Planning another week in the Ozarks in Arkansas if the doc says my shoulder is infection-free on Thursday.

I should "hire" you to take some pictures..................
Actually, my friends live in the south, Pine Bluff. We will usually make the drive back up north, because I love it up in the mountains there. I just don't know if I'll be wanting to this time, I'm still not quite 100% yet and the 7 hour first drive is gonna hurt. I've been pushing too hard and am getting really tired some days. But I don't know how to do much of anything slow. Tell ya what............ if we do decide to go up, I'll share any and all photos I take with you. Will that work?

Morning, hosers! Here at work, but with coffee and brownie, so what could be so bad?

I've been trying to get out and shoot despite the recent heat wave here, not always with much success. I need to take a day off and go out very early in the morning. Meanwhile, I did get a couple of shots at lunch the other day, one of which I'll post today.

64 degree, cup two. Hopefully today goes better than yesterday.....

Morning, hosers.

Just made a fresh cup of coffee for my mid-morning granola bar snack. Hoping I can pick up my film after work and start scanning it tomorrow. Haven't tucked into the black and white, yet, but I will NOT let that turn into a massive backlog again. It will all be done by or over the weekend.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It is a cool, overcast morning. 64F right now but should break into the 80's. I've been looking around, off and on, for about a year seeking out the ideal smoker. Reading, reading ... reading trying to separate the wheat from the chaff, the real reviews from the manufacturer shills. While smoking was high on my list, I was looking for everything, but in particular great flavor and automation. I wanted to just toss a hunk of meat, or a chunk of cheese, set a few dials and walk away. Come back from golf or getting my nails done to a finished product and viola! ... dinner. In my quest for the perfect BBQ/Smoker I kept coming back to the Kamados ... these egg shaped ceramic grills. They do it all. They smoke, they cook at low temps and they cook at extremely high temps. A bit of a learning curve, but once you've dialed it in, you can cook low and slow for 20 hours on one load of charcoal. I am very apprehensive as I haven't cook with charcoal in decades ... but I am happy that my quest is over. Y'all are welcome to come over for some BBQ.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It is a cool, overcast morning. 64F right now but should break into the 80's. I've been looking around, off and on, for about a year seeking out the ideal smoker. Reading, reading ... reading trying to separate the wheat from the chaff, the real reviews from the manufacturer shills. While smoking was high on my list, I was looking for everything, but in particular great flavor and automation. I wanted to just toss a hunk of meat, or a chunk of cheese, set a few dials and walk away. Come back from golf or getting my nails done to a finished product and viola! ... dinner. In my quest for the perfect BBQ/Smoker I kept coming back to the Kamados ... these egg shaped ceramic grills. They do it all. They smoke, they cook at low temps and they cook at extremely high temps. A bit of a learning curve, but once you've dialed it in, you can cook low and slow for 20 hours on one load of charcoal. I am very apprehensive as I haven't cook with charcoal in decades ... but I am happy that my quest is over. Y'all are welcome to come over for some BBQ.

This is the kind of thing Buzz and I would love. He grills year round, even in the Northeast winters. He'll go out with a coat and a headlamp (because it's already dark at 4:30) in just about any kind of weather. I love the idea of it being a smoker and slow-cooker as well, and using charcoal instead of gas.

I might have to start saving up for it so I can buy it for his birthday next year :)

This is the kind of thing Buzz and I would love. He grills year round, even in the Northeast winters. He'll go out with a coat and a headlamp (because it's already dark at 4:30) in just about any kind of weather. I love the idea of it being a smoker and slow-cooker as well, and using charcoal instead of gas.

I might have to start saving up for it so I can buy it for his birthday next year :)
From what I read, Kamados not only do everything ... they do everything extremely well. On this Kamado, the guts can be configured in a ton of different way to accommodate smoking to pizzas. You can set up one half for direct and the other half for indirect grilling. And, there are digital temp control devices for automation, fans and probes that will cook your food for hours without any human intervention or monitoring. Buzz will love it. They come in various sizes. (This puppy was on sale at Costco at a significant savings under the lowest internet price I could find. I think this was a special deal between a local Kamado dealer and a local Costco.)

Cutting back on the coffee............... just 2 cups of weak joe today. Planning another week in the Ozarks in Arkansas if the doc says my shoulder is infection-free on Thursday.

I should "hire" you to take some pictures..................
Actually, my friends live in the south, Pine Bluff. We will usually make the drive back up north, because I love it up in the mountains there. I just don't know if I'll be wanting to this time, I'm still not quite 100% yet and the 7 hour first drive is gonna hurt. I've been pushing too hard and am getting really tired some days. But I don't know how to do much of anything slow. Tell ya what............ if we do decide to go up, I'll share any and all photos I take with you. Will that work?

Sounds like a deal, snerd! But yeah, don't push yourself TOO hard, you really don't want to end up with a major setback again.

I have been twiddling my thumbs since 8 pm...where is the 7 th game of the Stamley Cup Finals??.
What do I do now that my Tampa Bay has given you the win?!!
;(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back