The Coffee House

Pre coffee face

uploadfromtaptalk1441125527960.jpg

HEY, Hosers!!

If I had @pixmedic's job, a lot of people would either stay sick or get worse and die, because...well, because that whole "I wind up doing a lot of suctioning of various fluids coming out of mouths, noses, trach's, stomas, chest tubes, billiary drains, rectal tubes, wound vac's, Foley catheters" thing? Not just NO, but Oh, HAIL NO. I ain't suctioning fluids from anybody's...ANY of that.

I managed to watch the entire 31 seconds of the first video, but I could only make it through 11 seconds of the second. And that was less about the fluid and more about being able to imagine all too vividly what it must have feel like to have that tube going down my throat.

Once again, I'm feeling a little pale :icon_pale:

Vacation is over. A friend of mine once said "If you aren't at least a little bit bitter about going back to work after vacation, you didn't do it right."
On that basis, I can say that I definitely did my vacation right! :D

More on my vacation later, but first: I have to share the BEST photo I have seen all year, maybe longer than that even!

11942320_10207603751121751_2077790597179673614_o.jpg
THAT is my Mother. AT HOME, with her kitties, for the first time since Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She turned 89 last Thursday, and between the gall bladder surgery and then the intramural hematoma, we weren't sure that this day would ever come, but she is HOME. She is one tough lady, I'll tell you that.
Of course, she'll have to have Home Health Care and the hematoma will still likely get her at some point, but this woman is not going down without a fight!

So I tried to bid up a Yashica C TLR last night. Was like oh hell no, you're not getting that for $20. Looks like I won it at $20.50... oops.

Vacation is over. A friend of mine once said "If you aren't at least a little bit bitter about going back to work after vacation, you didn't do it right."

More on my vacation later, but first: I have to share the BEST photo I have seen all year, maybe longer than that even!

View attachment 107439
THAT is my Mother. AT HOME, with her kitties, for the first time since Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She turned 89 last Thursday, and between the gall bladder surgery and then the intramural hematoma, we weren't sure that this day would ever come, but she is HOME. She is one tough lady, I'll tell you that.
Of course, she'll have to have Home Health Care and the hematoma will still likely get her at some point, but this woman is not going down without a fight!
I think it's really cool how she shifted the cat into 'Park' just in time for the photo!

View attachment 107439
I think it's really cool how she shifted the cat into 'Park' just in time for the photo!

It's a laudable skill, that's for certain. Last time I tried it I nearly lost an eye.. lol

View attachment 107439

It's a laudable skill, that's for certain. Last time I tried it I nearly lost an eye.. lol

That's because you kept trying to push the ignition button.

So I tried to bid up a Yashica C TLR last night. Was like oh hell no, you're not getting that for $20. Looks like I won it at $20.50... oops.

The last time I tried that I ended up spending $350 on a dive light.

because I deal with a lot of vent and critical care patients going to and from ICU's, I wind up doing a lot of suctioning of various fluids coming out of mouths, noses, trach's, stomas, chest tubes, billiary drains, rectal tubes, wound vac's, Foley catheters...and pretty much any other place a doctor can stick a tube in the human body.

I do some of this..

and sometimes this...

I always wanted a near empty milkshake when I did this so I could make the same sounds back to the pt. :D

Hey, I was 6 in 1977! I might have heard it then. I am almost positive one of my siblings had some Blue Oyster Cult and I was already sneaking records from their rooms at a very young age.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back