What's new

The Coffee House

Keep looking. The same principles apply in painting and photography. Things like; line, texture, contrast, balance, etc. apply to both.
 
Buenos Dias all you Coffee Housers! 55F right now ... should hit the mid 70's today. The coffee is hitting the spot.
 
Yup, looks good. I should remind you that this journey will take some time, so enjoy!
 
Yup, looks good. I should remind you that this journey will take some time, so enjoy!
lol. well yeah because I am not a big reader it is more hands on, adhd and I get bored to tears..
And you keep saying that. But you are probably right. All together I only have about three or so years maybe in doing this. And a year of that was twenty years ago...just a newbie. sure, I took photography 20 years ago but really didn't learn a damn thing.
so maybe in like, another ten years......
I know full well some on this site have been doing this for DECADES.
 
Ayuh
A word used commonly in Maine as a positive affirmation. Pretty much, it means "yes".
 
Here is one that I know nothing about. Says it's free, but I only viewed the first page, so let me know if it's any good.

Free online Course on Art Appreciation Basics - Open Learning World.com
Thanks. will do. I am on a break right now from winter preparation. Pulled fence down. Put boat away and stacking cement blocks in the truck for weight. Got the friggn plow out too but I have yet to go through that for its yearly maint either... Like 32 degrees out not really having much fun with it .still need to plastic the windows. suppose the temps are only going lower..
 
Yeah, winter always hits me way too fast around here.
 
Good morning with the kitties at the shelter. Got to snuggle with a little orange tabby named Nash, my little black kitten Greebo was still there, and then there was Rocky, a tabby kitten so small that he could sit in one hand. His little face killed me dead!
 
Yeah, winter always hits me way too fast around here.
BRI_8045.webp really nothing spectacular but some thought went into it I been doing this for years. they are held with threaded rod. Good part of it is I can add or take away blocks as needed. The wood runs right to the front of the bed and is bracket and cut to fit between the bed sides. ON the sides of the rows of block it leaves room for my ramps and shovels. The ramps are for the snowblower which actually fits between the blocks and gets locked in by the tailgate. Ahead of the blocks and the boards that cross it leaves about a 35 or so inch space. Purpose of that is for the little blower to go in but also doubles for a small pile of sand or salt. I don't know what it all weighs fully loaded down with everything (almost never have had to do it) but between that and the Detroit locker in the rear axle it don't get stuck too often.
 
That shows good thinking on your part.

My winter load is 15 of those sand tubes stacked against the front wall of the bed. This places about 900 lbs at the optimum leverage to load both axels fairly evenly. I get pretty good tire flex with that setup.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom