What's new

The Coffee House

That wasn't a purse conversation. That was a random thought in my head that actually made it out of my head. You didn't have to respond to it. THAT made it a conversation. ;)
true. all set now I have coffee. :biggrin-93:
 
In about 3 minutes, I will also have coffee and then all will be right in the world again.
 
In about 3 minutes, I will also have coffee and then all will be right in the world again.
I am just tossing more crap on 1x. I am so out of my league it isn't even funny I think I need to raise the bar A LOT. But at least if someone asks me what I shoot it gives me a place to send them and I can get a idea weeding out for a portfolio. I really just have no direction and have no idea what people seem to like. what I like, they hate. so there ya go. what I don't like, they like....
 
most of the crap I shoot and post I don't even like...:bouncingsmileys: Probably should figure it out and step it up though I post too much garbage they might kick me off the site...
 
This bar that you have to raise? What is it? I mean, if the bar is "posting on 1x" then raising that bar means it shouldn't get posted unless it's good enough. But if everything gets dumped there, then what other bar do you have? Printing? Photo book?
 
I really just have no direction and have no idea what people seem to like. what I like, they hate. so there ya go. what I don't like, they like....

That may be the most important aspect of photography "as art".

We should develop our own critical eye to the point that when we see something good, we recognize it as good, and vice-versa. Nowhere does that skill mean more than in being able to pick out the good stuff from the not-so-good in our own work.

Well, unless you are being asked to judge a competition.
 
This bar that you have to raise? What is it? I mean, if the bar is "posting on 1x" then raising that bar means it shouldn't get posted unless it's good enough. But if everything gets dumped there, then what other bar do you have? Printing? Photo book?
would like to make it through curated. But beyond that, my primary goal is personal portfolio. I suffer from mediocrity. I can turn out good photos, consistently. But they aren't great photos. And are a far cry from amazing photos. I don't like waterfalls, landscapes, animals, abstracts, photos of bugs (least for me to do) etc. I want something else. Cant seem to find it yet so they all just kind of go together in shots I don't really care about..
 
I really just have no direction and have no idea what people seem to like. what I like, they hate. so there ya go. what I don't like, they like....

That may be the most important aspect of photography "as art".

We should develop our own critical eye to the point that when we see something good, we recognize it as good, and vice-versa. Nowhere does that skill mean more than in being able to pick out the good stuff from the not-so-good in our own work.

Well, unless you are being asked to judge a competition.
yeah and you know, I really cant even tell the difference it all just seems to blend together...
 
There is probably some way to get that missing component free online.
 
There is probably some way to get that missing component free online.
well. I am re-evaluating my dislike of processing as I wonder if it will become my fatal flaw in the end and I am being hard headed for no reason. Other thing is I may need to start looking through others work more. Not so much what gets posted on here but some of the more serious stuff. I thought about following along with landscapes to try to get better at that but really, if you don't like it you don't like it. What do I know though I am just a hick that lives by a river... DSCN4116_01.webp
 
Think of processing as a way of making your photograph more in tune with what you had envisioned when you took the photograph.

And my earlier comment was intended to spark an interest in taking an online art appreciation course.
 
Last edited:
large variance. look through the above it is all painting. I found another one for art appreciation and photography and it isn't even along the same lines. Photography seems to have much more watered down principles (lower standards?). Art Appreciation-Chapter7
 
This bar that you have to raise? What is it? I mean, if the bar is "posting on 1x" then raising that bar means it shouldn't get posted unless it's good enough. But if everything gets dumped there, then what other bar do you have? Printing? Photo book?
I have a sports bar I go to ... great gourmet-ish hamburgers, like five peppers, blue cheese and homemade potato chips. On Mondays they have a tofer-one special.
 
This bar that you have to raise? What is it? I mean, if the bar is "posting on 1x" then raising that bar means it shouldn't get posted unless it's good enough. But if everything gets dumped there, then what other bar do you have? Printing? Photo book?
I have a sports bar I go to ... great gourmet-ish hamburgers, like five peppers, blue cheese and homemade potato chips. On Mondays they have a tofer-one special.
you can afford that you are a much better photographer imo... lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom