The Coffee House

Awwww, poor pup: allergy shots, then this!

She didn’t really mind the bunny ears. She was miffed that I wanted her to sit still while I backed up to get the photo. The minute I aimed the camera at her she stood back up. Stubborn.

Well our family survived the weather yesterday. Have two cousins in Little Rock. The tornado missed them barely, but no power and a lot of streets blocked.

Our daughter lives outside Sherman, IL less then a mile from where the tornado went through there. Fortunately no damage but the power grid for the area is out.

It came through here at 4am, but had stabilized by the time it got here. Lot of rain, thunder, lightning but no tornadoes here. They did have a couple in the western part of the state.

Glad to hear it went well for you.

Wind and rain, today. Winds started up last night, on the way home from SIL's. A lot of fun when you're driving something shaped like a brick. I have a Car & Coffee get together tomorrow morning. Not just Jeeps but a few different car clubs.

Well our family survived the weather yesterday. Have two cousins in Little Rock. The tornado missed them barely, but no power and a lot of streets blocked.

Our daughter lives outside Sherman, IL less then a mile from where the tornado went through there. Fortunately no damage but the power grid for the area is out.

It came through here at 4am, but had stabilized by the time it got here. Lot of rain, thunder, lightning but no tornadoes here. They did have a couple in the western part of the state.
Glad you and family are ok. Saw the images from Little Rock and devastating. We lost power several times Friday evening and night. A large shingle blew off. Everything else appears ok. The hot tub heater is not functioning. The system flashes on and off. Repair person coming tomorrow.

Taking MLW to the clinic. It looks like a burn on her finger that isn't getting much better with home care. At least it isn't getting worse. She has no idea what she did. She's been fighting it but has finally agreed to have it looked at. Take no chances when you're diabetic.

It's been a wild weather week, that's for sure. We've been keeping in touch with family and friends from the south. Glad you all made it through!

Right now we have a small pond by the property line that we've decided to just pump out with a pool style pump and hose. We have a passive well and pipe system back there, but it can get overwhelmed when it's unable to leach out completely between rain events. Been very wet this first part of spring around here!

A bunch of folks braved the wind (and chill) to come out to the car & coffee season opener. One of my favorite drivers:

DSC_4749.png

Another lovely day of rain. Fortunately it's just rain, but it looks like most of the week will be the same. I think I'm starting to develop web feet. 😉

Another lovely day of rain. Fortunately it's just rain, but it looks like most of the week will be the same. I think I'm starting to develop web feet. 😉
We had a spring like that a few years ago- maybe 2019? It was miserable.

had a spring like that a few years ago- maybe 2019? It was miserable.
It was this way last year. Farmers couldn't get in the fields to plant.

We had so much rain over a few weeks it felt like a matrix glitch. Sunny today though

Hi, here in UK we don’t hear much about your weather; reading the posts here I see that you have had a rough time. Hope everyone is ok

Hi, here in UK we don’t hear much about your weather; reading the posts here I see that you have had a rough time. Hope everyone is ok
Didn't know about it at the time, but we had a small tornado touch down a couple miles from us early Saturday morning. Tore up a couple houses, no injuries. Then a couple miles the other side of us (rain missed them), high winds swept a brush fire up the gap.

Didn't know about it at the time, but we had a small tornado touch down a couple miles from us early Saturday morning. Tore up a couple houses, no injuries. Then a couple miles the other side of us (rain missed them), high winds swept a brush fire up the gap.
It's been hard to keep up with everything the last couple of weeks - tornadoes, rain - a very busy early spring. Glad you all are okay, that seems a mite close.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back