The Coffee House

I think we have an air fry function in the new oven.

Busy at work - Fire is going for accreditation and the Battalion Chief running the project needs a map for validating what the contractir has done, including a number of critical insfrastructure layers broken down by closest ("First Due") station.

The house is slowly coming along. It's taking forever, but I keep injuring myself so I'm not allowed to do much until I heal. ;)

The house is slowly coming along. It's taking forever, but I keep injuring myself so I'm not allowed to do much until I heal.

Injuries during construction happen, I have years of scars to prove it. LOL

Not sure why, but I've had a spurt of energy of late, accomplishing several projects I'd been putting off.

Hi all, I have the air fryer, for me it,s brill. It’s late here 11.00 pm just finished blanching and freezing beans and peas. My first crop of the season.

I spatchcocked a chicken last night. Now MLW is setting it up for the oven (butter, garlic, thyme under skin; small potatoes and carrots around the base). It will be baked, not air fried.

How are people coping with the gawdawful air quality? Medium-bad in S. Ontario, bad in Toronto. Very little activity, eerily reminiscent of the spring 2020 lock-downs. At least then the skies were freaky blue from the drop in car traffic.

I teleworked today, and have no reason to go outside. I feel sorry for those that have to be out in it.

How are people coping with the gawdawful air quality? Medium-bad in S. Ontario, bad in Toronto. Very little activity, eerily reminiscent of the spring 2020 lock-downs. At least then the skies were freaky blue from the drop in car traffic.

We had a very hazy day on Tuesday but it has been cloudy and rain threatening since then with no smoke or strong haze in the Boston area. I have friends in NJ and OH who have said it’s bad and the photos from NYC earlier this week were frighteningly apocalyptic.

We have lots of restaurants around here, never super-packed during the week. I agree with Cheryl about cooking for two - I prefer making a large batch of whatever-it-is to freeze for later. We rarely eat meat - we went for two years without a grill and never thought about it. We finally noticed a pile of fresh zucchini at a farmer's market recently, that made us go get a tiny Weber. Big enough to do all the veggies, with an occasional small batch of chicken wings or my Mediterranean ground lamb patties.
One of my favorite dishes to make, kofte (those Med ground lamb patties) and fresh tzatziki and hummus as sides, along with a tabbouleh salad.

Glad you got the lens to work!
Did some more examining, and it seems to be a problem when the lens is set to 18mm, but works fine at higher focal lengths. The lens has a six year warranty, so I'll be reaching out to Tamron USA. I've gotten a lot of nice shots so far, in spite of not being able to use the 18mm fl. Will start processing and posting next week some time.

One of my favorite dishes to make, kofte (those Med ground lamb patties) and fresh tzatziki and hummus as sides, along with a tabbouleh salad.
Yes!! I have a great recipe for tzatziki that I make in advance. While we're grilling the lamb patties, I make up little side platters like this:

20170617_213449-1.jpg

With some pita bread and red wine. Yum!!

We've been very lucky - only noticeable with certain wind shifts. Otherwise, it's been windy and on again/off again cloudy. Increased chances of rain over the next few days.

Air quality
living close to the sea air Q here is not to bad most days. However sometimes when I look out over the sea I an see the layer of pollution over the water and think..”I am breathing that”.
food wise
this time of year I like to do a rainbow salad, with whatever colours I have in the fridge. with a bit of luck in a few weeks time I can start to harvest beet root and have fresh and not shop bought

Most reactions

New Topics

Back