The Coffee House

Very nice little garden!
1686532841133.jpeg

It was to hit 90 today. I set up the train flower box between 06:30 and 07:30 this morning, then went inside to stay So I don’t know if it made it that high. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow.

I’m in the recliner with a bag of frozen corn on my knee. I was headed downstairs to start charcoal for dinner but got a stabbing pain in the knee. I have no idea what I did to it.

How are people coping with the gawdawful air quality? Medium-bad in S. Ontario, bad in Toronto. Very little activity, eerily reminiscent of the spring 2020 lock-downs. At least then the skies were freaky blue from the drop in car traffic.

I was in Maine until Wednesday. There was no smoke from the Canadian fires there at all. The wind was blowing it to the south and when it turned east, it was already below Maine and blowing out to sea.

But then we drove home on Wednesday and we were frankly quite shocked at what we found when we got back to NY. My eyes got a little itchy and I was coughing a lot more than usual, though not enough to worry me or impact me too much. My college closed at 4pm on Wed and then on Thursday, they closed access to campus but had classes covert to virtual and asked all employees to work from home. By Friday, the air had cleared up a lot, though it was getting worse down to the south in Philly and DC.

Hey there hosers. It's been a long, hard semester that finally ended in mid-May and then Buzz and I went on a vacation to Maine. Been hunkering down, getting in a little recovery time. June and July will be less hectic - I have Fridays off and hopefully will have Thursdays to work at home, but not sure yet. This is all good because then comes August, which is an absolute bludgeon and we hates it forever.

But for now, I'll say hey and now I'm going to bed.

It was to hit 90 today. I set up the train flower box between 06:30 and 07:30 this morning, then went inside to stay So I don’t know if it made it that high. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow.

I’m in the recliner with a bag of frozen corn on my knee. I was headed downstairs to start charcoal for dinner but got a stabbing pain in the knee. I have no idea what I did to it.
Downstairs is harder than up for knees - maybe brought about from working on the flower boxes?

Hope it's better today!

Our hot days are in the rear view mirror for the next several days. We had rain all afternoon and into the night. Today is chill and overcast, with more rain coming during the week. It's lovely!

@limr : Happy to see you back! :)

I had that happen recently on a hike. I had a one to one with my knee and pointed out that it was a 45 min hike back to the car, and that it needed to pull itself together. After a little rest I was able to walk normally again, but it was very painful initially. Age. Meh.

I'm not sure what I did. The flower boxes was done standing. We have a brick flower box along the side of the porch, that is empty, except for the dirt. I just placed the plastic pots on that, then moved the plants into them. It's possible it's from going up and down steps, I guess. It felt better this morning, as far as the stabbing pain. Most likely Father Time.

Welcome back, Leo. We're heading back up to ME the end of next month, though we're not sure which way to go, in order to avboid the mess on I-95 @ Philly. We're also finally getting our passports ordered and planning on a little train ride to Montreal in the Fall.

I'm not sure what I did. The flower boxes was done standing. We have a brick flower box along the side of the porch, that is empty, except for the dirt. I just placed the plastic pots on that, then moved the plants into them. It's possible it's from going up and down steps, I guess. It felt better this morning, as far as the stabbing pain. Most likely Father Time.

Welcome back, Leo. We're heading back up to ME the end of next month, though we're not sure which way to go, in order to avboid the mess on I-95 @ Philly. We're also finally getting our passports ordered and planning on a little train ride to Montreal in the Fall.

295 runs parallel on the east of the Delaware and then merges back with 95 when it becomes the Jersey Turnpike. There are a few other options on smaller roads, but...and I can't believe I am saying this...but I would do the Turnpike alternative. I usually go that way anyway when going past Philly.

Oh, I'm familiar with that area, from when lazy_lobster went to DCAD in Wilmington. I'm actually leaning towards I-83 from Baltimore to Harrisburg, I-81 to Scranton, then I-84. We could shoot for Sturbridge for the night, a bit further along than out usual stop in Mystic.

Oh, I'm familiar with that area, from when lazy_lobster went to DCAD in Wilmington. I'm actually leaning towards I-83 from Baltimore to Harrisburg, I-81 to Scranton, then I-84. We could shoot for Sturbridge for the night, a bit further along than out usual stop in Mystic.

That's a good route. Just didn't know how far west you wanted to swing. When it gets closer, let me know if the timing works for a quick pitstop in NY. :)

During the pandemic, I flew up to ME to get ll's items in storage, and bring them back to MD. I was graced with an free "upgrade" on the truck, from a 12-footer to a 22- or 26-footer (I don't remember which). That size truck got charged commercial rates at tolls, or close to double, so I took that route home.

A coffee break sounds good. I'll PM you once we have the route and times nailed down.

Beautiful temps today around 70. Unusual for summer. Husband and I went to the zoo. The St Louis zoo is large and we walked 2 sections. The River's Edge walk was long and only a few animals out. The first area we hit had a lot of activity. At least we got double our steps in. We tried to avoid the morning crowd and went in the afternoon. Last time in April school wasn't out and the field trip groups were leaving when we arrived.

Hi all
I don’t know how well this will translate for those across the pond
those holes in the road that jar your teeth when you hit them
they are not pot holes..... they are Braille for blind drivers

I can relate to pot holes, spring here is the beginning of orange barrel season.

Had rain here and was cooler but warming up into the weekend.

Doing online drawing studio tomorrow, then one more session next week and that's done for the summer. Now to sign up for RSN (Royal School of Needlework) online summer school classes that are in July.

Most reactions

Back