The Crown Jewel of New Hampshire

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cherrypondpano-Edit.jpg

Or so some people refer to it as. Cherry Pond is....amazing. The view of the Presidential Range is second to none, in my opinion. I originally went there because it is a huge wildlife refuge, so I wanted to try some more stuff with the 150-600. I did see a huge moose, but even at 600mm I couldn't get close enough...and believe me I tried. The late fall color there was really nice, and I got to shoot this panorama I've had in mind for a while now. This was about an hour before sunset, just before clouds rolled in and completely obscured the summits.

Thanks Rick. Glad I stuck around for sunset

Very nice and IMHO, the reflection and the clouds makes it even nicer.

WesternGuy

Thanks everyone! This is one of my favorite places to shoot ever. Can't wait to go back in the winter

<sigh> And I'm stuck here. Thanks for posting this.

And here I always thought it was Manchester...

Really gorgeous shot!

And here I always thought it was Manchester...

I believe Manchester is the "crown crack pipe" of new Hampshire. I was at cherry pond on Saturday and went down to Manchester on Sunday to help another photographer move....what a stark difference. I hate going to southern NH

cherrypondpanobw.jpg

A b+w silver efex conversion I did as well. I really like the tones here, but it's tough for me to decide which I like better

Really great shot. I will have to check on the map and go there. It's not far from where i live but I never saw that place before. Thanks :)

I would highly recommend checking this place out if you live nearby. I live in Plymouth, so only about an hour away. It's a 1.6 mile walk to the pond, and it's a huge wildlife reserve so you'll see some cool animals too. A wildlife and landscape photographer's dream

Most reactions

Back