I like the concept, the delivery is what does not satisfy me. The quality of the image. It looks over-processed, the color is off. I'm not sure what your plans are for this series, maybe it is just to share them online, but if you have a larger audience in mind (publication, gallery, some type of art show), than quality definitely matters.
As far as adding some "hope" to the series, well, I think that is a good idea if you are ready for it and feel it is true to your vision. At the end of the day, we have to stay true to ourselves. There are plenty of "darkly themed" series without a light at the end of the tunnel that have been successful. And the "light" could simply be humor, even dark humor. Maybe looking back on it now, you are able to chuckle at a few incidents? Humor also has a way of showing how we are healing from trauma and moving forward.