The Dark Knight

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've already seen it twice... :hail: Heath Ledger MADE that movie :hail:. It's was scary at how good he pulled off his part as the brilliantly disturbed Joker. If he doesn't get an oscar (which won't mean much to him now sadly), I would be sad. Is it possible to even get an oscar if you are dead?

I've already seen it twice... :hail: Heath Ledger MADE that movie :hail:. It's was scary at how good he pulled off his part as the brilliantly disturbed Joker. If he doesn't get an oscar (which won't mean much to him now sadly), I would be sad. Is it possible to even get an oscar if you are dead?

There was an article on this. I believe only one person has post humously won an oscar. I also some what agree with the critics. This is not an Oscar movie. Usually it seems that Oscars are reserved for some of the more serious movies and The Dark Knight may be over looked.

***MAY BE A SPOILER***

That's unfortunate though because even though this was a super hero movie, it was really dark and disturbing. There were several scenes that had me even cringing, like the magic trick with the pencil. It was amazing though. And they didn't hold back. The Joker's look and Two Face's look were spot on. You could tell this was definitely an adaptation from Frank Miller's Batman and not the real cheesy stuff that the older movies were drawn for. This almost makes those look like children specials.

***/SPOLIER ALERT***

All in all, I'm curious about the sequel and how they're going to pull that off. Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker and he was definitely Frank Miller's Joker. I loved one scene where you see him walking into a building slouched over with his shoulders forward. It just gave me the vision of the comic. Plus he wasn't like the other Jokers. He wasn't portrayed as being so crazy and uncontrollable where as all he did was run around laughing at everything. All in all, I have to say he makes every other previous batman villian look almost cute and cuddly in comparison.

I'd go see this movie again. It's 20x's better than Batman Begins.

It was a really good movie, I'd give it a 9/10. I wish it would have been even darker, though. I was expecting it to be on a level of morbidity like Sin City or something like that. I felt there were certain places where they held back when they could have REALLY stuck it to the viewer and made them feel the horror. But then people would have complained and said it was "too dark."

The movie was excellent, but I'm not sure that there were any oscar winning performances.

I think that many people want to give ledger a pity-because-he's-dead-and-it-was-his-last-film-oscar.

I finally saw this film yesterday and honestly wasn't expecting too much. Usually when people start with the "best movie ever!" you can't help but be disappointed. This was one of the few times it lived up to the hype.

I finally saw this film yesterday and honestly wasn't expecting too much. Usually when people start with the "best movie ever!" you can't help but be disappointed. This was one of the few times it lived up to the hype.

I agree, it lived up to its hype. Great performances.

If they make a 3rd movie, I doubt the joker would be in it, or at least not a major role since they normally tend to have different bad guys in each movie. I wouldnt be surprised if he was in the 3rd movie, he would be in the shadows of his cell in arkham *spelling?* the entire time hes shown, so they only have to do the voice.

Oui Madame, it is I. :0)

He did an AMAZING roll....he was so good at being synical, it gave me goosebumps...the way he licked his lips everytime he talked....brilliant, dark, mysterous... some of the greatest acting i've ever seen.

just saw it two days ago. I think it might be the best movie I've seen in a long time. There are only a few parts that I didn't care for. The motorcycle scene where he turns around using the brick wall... Other than that, I think they did an awesome job with two face's makup, and Heath Ledger played a perfect Joker. You couldn't have asked for any more.

The movie was excellent, but I'm not sure that there were any oscar winning performances.

I think that many people want to give ledger a pity-because-he's-dead-and-it-was-his-last-film-oscar.

If he was living I would still give him an oscar. IMHO, he did an excellent job. He set the whole movie with his magic trick...

yeah heath ledger made the movie, after the movie I looked to my girlfriend and father and even said, no one will be able to live upto that joker.

yeah heath ledger made the movie, after the movie I looked to my girlfriend and father and even said, no one will be able to live upto that joker.

I did too!!! And I believe it. Heath Ledger set a new standard on how to act the Joker.

Most reactions

Back