the devil made me buy it!

Was I gullible for believing Tamron has a good product or gullible for believing you would never get one? Some people are very brand picky and/or brand elitist.
Thus far, it seems to work rather well.

Im into Leica now but have Voiglander lenses, until i sell of my digital gear

Your owe me a new keyboard now.......

Also what all of it - even - even - even the God lens? You can't sell the god lens - I mean I guess you could but it would be a crime against, well, against everything (and then what would you shoot sports/horses/stuff with).

Ive got bored with shooting sports i don't find it a challenge anymore

Im into Leica now but have Voiglander lenses, until i sell of my digital gear

Also what all of it - even - even - even the God lens? You can't sell the god lens - I mean I guess you could but it would be a crime against, well, against everything (and then what would you shoot sports/horses/stuff with).

Clearly that is a sign - that its time to get a macro lens ;)

Clearly that is a sign - that its time to get a macro lens ;)

No 50mmF0.95 Noctilux and M9

Film is the path to the dark slide - once turned down forever will it stain your fingers!

I have one, I also have the 18 - 200mm both are great lenses. They have their limitations but optically I have no complaints at all with the 70 - 200 2.8. I use it as my walk around/street photography lens.... I am a man after all.... :lol:

Another mod hijacking my thread... Tsk tsk... :-D

Those are some nice lenses gary. I have little interest in film personally, but i have a lot of respect for the people that shoot film and do their own developing. Every so often i get the urge to pick up a medium format camera and shoot, but it seems silly if im not going to do the developing myself.

Wimpy-weak-ass- crap.
Real men pay cash and shoot this hand-held for birds-in-flight or charging rhinos.

800mm.jpg~original

Pssshhh, that's a poofta lens...REAL men shoot Canon with one of these:

Meet The Canon 5200mm f/14 Tele-Monster | CanonWatch CanonWatch

:lol:

but but the Devil made me do it!

Though seriously congrats, 70-200mm lenses are a gem and its a really versatile set of focal lengths to have all in one neat package

but but the Devil made me do it!

Though seriously congrats, 70-200mm lenses are a gem and its a really versatile set of focal lengths to have all in one neat package

So i have heard.
thus far, I have simply preferred to carry a few primes to get the job done. smaller, lighter, and just as fast. maybe even sharper.
im going to end up using this thing ONCE, and its going to sit in the closet for the next 9 months, but I would rather buy it for one or two jobs than to get somewhere and not have the equipment I need.
maybe I can make some use of it at the dog park.
I am going back to the camera store today to look at monopods. i have heard mixed reviews on using them, but im afraid the space i will be relegated to will not accommodate a tripod, and im hoping the extra stability from a monopod will work nearly as well. This is going to be another occasion where the main photog is going to stick me in one spot and tell me to stay there. not exactly my favorite way to shoot, but like a good little second shooter, I do what im told. I dont know for sure that I will technically NEED either the 70-200 f/2.8 OR the monopod, but its more a matter of me willing to buy gear just in case its needed rather than getting to a job and needing something I don't have.
I'll find out next weekend.

I think while im at the camera store i will look at macro lenses as well. been kinda wanting one. was looking at nikons 60mm macro, and tamrons 90mm macro.
is there any advantage (macro wise) to having a shorter -vs- longer focal length?

In the world of macro photography a longer focal length gives:

1) Increased working distance (distance from the front of the lens to the subject - note that minimum focusing distance is from the sensor/film to the subject).

2) Increased background separation - normally you have to compare extreme ends of the focal length range to see this to a great effect, but more focal length leads to an increase in the blurryness of the background

It will have no effect on the frame content at the 1:1 magnification scale (because at that point 1:1 is a ratio of real life to sensor reflection size, thus the frame is always the same no matter the focal length).

I'd honestly say that for a generalist macro lens the Tamron 90mm is about the shortest you want to start with. The Sigma 70mm and most of the 60mm macro lenses that I'm aware of are good quality and do the job well and are very compact and light; but can be a touch short in working distance for those new to macro and working at 1:1 (esp with insects).

Most reactions

Back