The Digital Photography Book (Paperback, 2006)

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone think it is worth buying both of the books that are already out and the new one coming out next month. Or should I just wait for the new one!!

A bunch of people have recommended the books so just a thought. Are they updates of the same stuff or completely new books?

Just curious and thanks to anyone that has read them and can let me know~

I just bought the box set of one and two (you're asking about the Scott Kelby books, right?). The second one seemed to play off the first, going deeper into the subject matter that was previously discussed in the first book. I've heard the third is supposed to be the same in that it expands on what books one and two have already taught you.

They seem to be pretty handy books but if you're looking for something more technical (like what white balance is and the whys and hows of why you need to adjust it) these books don't explore that in depth. Still very good for a beginner. Mine arrived Thursday and are already looking a little dog-eared.

I have both books and found the information in them handy. They're not your typical photography books though, Kelby has written them more as a collection of tips than technical manuals. It's like you're out on a photo walk with him and you come upon a scene that you're not sure how to photograph...you turn to him and ask "How would you shoot this?" and he responds in a way that makes it easy for you to understand. The answers are short, to the point and in laymans terms.

If you're new to photography these two books would be a good addition to your growing library of photography books.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back