The Dome of Canaan Mountain

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The weather just wouldn't cooperate on this hike. I tried to time my trip between storms that were blowing through southern Utah, and as it turned out there was only about a 30 minute break! In order to get this photo, I hiked 6 miles, climbing over 1800ft in elevation (about 1000ft in the last half mile!), and all in the snow. This was my first time on top of Canaan Mountain, and as soon as it warms up a bit more I'll be back! I still had at least another 2 miles each way to get to where I really wanted to go, but I just wasn't prepared to stay another night on top.

C&C away!

IMG_0675small.jpg

When I first saw the photo, I thought it was a close up of a perfectly oven baked glazed ham with some herbs on top. Seriously, its a great shot, Little Mike. I like it a lot. Just a few notes though. The horizon is almost in the middle of the frame and the sky is a bit bland for me. A little confusing as my brain is asking,"where should I look, the sky or the gorund?" . Maybe some cropping and Polarizing effect in Photoshop would fix it

I like this one ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back