What's new

The Double Suspension Gallop

EscapeTurn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
85
Reaction score
9
Location
Mid South
Everyone knows that all breeds of dog are suspended above ground at least once per stride at a full gallop. Sighthounds, on the other hand, are able to utilize the double suspension gallop, where they are suspended above ground twice in one stride. Once in the tucked position where their back foot can almost reach past their shoulder, and once in the fully extended position where the curve of their topline will actually reverse. Talk about extreme strength and flexibility! Before I had my greyhounds, I knew nothing about this. Ever since my first greyhound came home with me, I've been absolutely fascinated with the way they move. I got a picture of my two the other day showing both suspensions, and I was really taken aback by how incredible and powerful they are. Then again, maybe I'm biased- that whole "proud mom" thing. :blushing: Either way, I wanted to see what you all thought of it.

So without further adieu, here's Dazzle and Echo at full flight.

doublesuspension.jpg
 
What a great capture!
And the scenery just adds to the photo ;)
 
looks like there going like 100.... awsome capture
 
my Belgians do that. Of course they have a body like that of a cross between a wippet and a greyhound. Nice capture especially getting them in both positions.--lenny
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom