The Down Town no one sees

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
looking to get some feedback on your initial emotional response and perspective from each of the 4 edits. thanks! :D

$UI6q9zy.jpg
$8KXAQEo.jpg
$nqQV7SO.jpg
$9SEpFki.jpg

I prefer the second because the processing makes that mass of rock in the foreground a bit interesting.
#3 and #4 are just too murky.
#1 seems inappropriately colored.

However, they all show sharpening halos and look over-processed to me and the perspective distortion is really distracting.

Well, this is a good shot. The theme is quite interesting and technically it is well taken, however I agree with The_Traveler, that the distortion is distracting.
And a personal taste: I wouldn't prefer such a blue sky, because it is an urban/industrial shot whereas blue skies like this, are common in provinces etc.
Anyway, I liked it! Keep it up :)

Well, first off.........Roll Tide! and second off, hey, it's Auburn..I think Jeff Foxworthy hails from here...but all kidding aside other than Roll Tide because we're no joke, starting at the top, the image is oversaturated and over sharpened. Also, when posting, reduce the size of your image to no more than 2000 on the long side, a bit samller even does just fine. Also, number your images so we can refer to them more easily.

The shot has potential with a less distorted lens, a little more control in exposure and watch the output shrapenind.

I prefer the first one because I love the color.

Thanks for the replies guys. I took some of the feedback Ive gotten and revised with another B&W edit. I'm willing to let you guys play with it and see what you can come up with if you're interested.

Thanks again! :)

$04d0O0S.jpg

Seems like the images are crooked. Everything slants to the right.

I like the second one, killer sky that compliments the buildings well. The buildings also look very natural and sit well with the rocks.

View attachment 38193

Thanks for the invitation. I like playing with other kids toys.

Here's my take. I lightened a tad, increased contrast a tad and separated the tones a tad

Last edited:
As did I, just differently..if everyone on the forum had a go at this image, you'd get umpty-zillion versions...The only thing I did differently from Rick58 is a bit of distortion control on the leaning buildings, and thus a crop.

$8538758131_4f9ac5d224_b.jpg

Good catch :thumbup:

Wow! It's so interesting how the emotion changes when you take away the color in the last 3 shots. It went from a nice little town to a depressing place, but that's not a bad thing at all! I think it's amazing how you captured it and were able to play on the emotions of the photos.

Thanks for all the responses. I;m not always able to get back on the forums as much as I'd like so I appreciate the feedback and follow ups. I like both of your edits but I'm having a trouble finding where the slant is.

And to shelby16... I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you see that in the photograph. It's always interesting to hear people's reaction when they understand the emotion of the photo. So thanks! :)

ahhhh, I see. Good catch indeed. Thanks for pointing that out because as I look at the original I can definitely see it in plan view (as i should). Thanks again guys and gals!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back