The DSLR is obsolete? Oh.

I remember getting a phone many years ago with 3mp sensor and I thought that was awesome! A 3mp camera in a phone?! haha.

The Nikon D1 camera was 2.7 mp

I remember reading stories of people getting billboard size prints from the D1.
I used to have a Kodak DC50 .. ages ago. I can't even remember what the MP was for that.

Christophe Jacquet — Retro-digital photography: using the Kodak DC50

Bring back memories? Haha
Ahh. I actually had the DC120 now that I see the information about them. which was 1 mp
==> Kodak DC Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at work we bought the dc50 0.38 mp and the dc120. When the project was completed we were going to just through them away but I kept the dc120. Used compactflash.
I actually threw it away probably 8 years ago as I found it in a box.

I worked for a newspaper (IT, not photographer) and we had 4-5 DC120. I remember burrowing one when my son was born in 97 and brought my laptop so I took a photo of him at the hospital, uploaded (using a Dial up external modem) it to a website I had created for my grandmother to see from another city. Took a few hours to setup the website and about 30 minutes to upload the photos (Can't recall how many). The doctor came in and was totally mesmerised by the possibility to share photos this "fast". And today kids can all do this with the click of 1-2 buttons from their cell phones. :)

[
I remember getting a phone many years ago with 3mp sensor and I thought that was awesome! A 3mp camera in a phone?! haha.

The Nikon D1 camera was 2.7 mp

I remember reading stories of people getting billboard size prints from the D1.
I used to have a Kodak DC50 .. ages ago. I can't even remember what the MP was for that.[/QUOTE]

Christophe Jacquet — Retro-digital photography: using the Kodak DC50

Bring back memories? Haha[/QUOTE]
Ahh. I actually had the DC120 now that I see the information about them. which was 1 mp
==> Kodak DC Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at work we bought the dc50 0.38 mp and the dc120. When the project was completed we were going to just through them away but I kept the dc120. Used compactflash.
I actually threw it away probably 8 years ago as I found it in a box.[/QUOTE]

I worked for a newspaper (IT, not photographer) and we had 4-5 DC120. I remember burrowing one when my son was born in 97 and brought my laptop so I took a photo of him at the hospital, uploaded (using a Dial up external modem) it to a website I had created for my grandmother to see from another city. Took a few hours to setup the website and about 30 minutes to upload the photos (Can't recall how many). The doctor came in and was totally mesmerised by the possibility to share photos this "fast". And today kids can all do this with the click of 1-2 buttons from their cell phones. :)[/QUOTE]

yep, cell phones are the new DSLR

I still prefer physical buttons and dials over a touch screen.

I thought we were comparing DSLR to Mirrorless cameras

I thought we were comparing DSLR to Mirrorless cameras

Well now phones are the new DSLR as someone said earlier, which I don't understand exactly. Haha. How can phones be the new DSLR? Makes no sense to me.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic from the story about taking a photo of a baby, to making that dumb statement.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic from the story about taking a photo of a baby, to making that dumb statement.

I was probably sleep writing again. I shouldn't write when I'm that tired. My mistake.

you didnt say it, beagle said it.

I hate to post this because I know @coastalconn is going to have to sell his new gear and buy this stuff. It's going to save him a ton and, according to the article, improve every aspect of his photography.
I'll be selling all my gear for it too .. well, maybe, I think I'll wait a bit. Looking at the article it makes Leica look like junk (well, we knew that anyways), Zeiss not far behind Leica, and Canon and Nikon just doesn't compare. So get your snake oil, I mean your new system now ==> Want To Take Better Pictures With Your Phone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back