The DSLR is obsolete? Oh.

I hate to post this because I know @coastalconn is going to have to sell his new gear and buy this stuff. It's going to save him a ton and, according to the article, improve every aspect of his photography.
I'll be selling all my gear for it too .. well, maybe, I think I'll wait a bit. Looking at the article it makes Leica look like junk (well, we knew that anyways), Zeiss not far behind Leica, and Canon and Nikon just doesn't compare. So get your snake oil, I mean your new system now ==> Want To Take Better Pictures With Your Phone?

Oh man...if you attach that to the Lumia 1020, you'll have a medium format replacement!

@astroNikon Bummer, now I have to sell my Nikon stuff after all that Canon stuff? Oh well, guess it's worth it, if it makes me a better photographer :) Is it compatible with my LG V10. Probably works best in auto mode instead of manual?

Just wondering though. Could Nikon or Canon possibly make camera tech for phones someday in the future?

Just wondering though. Could Nikon or Canon possibly make camera tech for phones someday in the future?
"Would you like the L version with a red ringed white body or the consumer grade phone sir?"

Last edited:
it'll be the other way around here... Canon and Nikon have more to learn from cell phones.

it'll be the other way around here... Canon and Nikon have more to learn from cell phones.
Yeah, every time I try to make a phone call with my d600 I get dead silence!!

Nope, they don't have to. Nikon makes more money building steppers and optical instruments. Canon too.
Olympus makes like 90% of their income from Medical imaging.

Only the has-been brands need to make tech for camera phones.
Zeiss, Leica, Hasselblad *LOL* see a trend?

These brands are *so* prestigious that marketing companies license their name so that rich people can carry around a $20,000 camera phone as a status symbol.

Did you really think that Zeiss makes those wet wipes at WalMart?

BTW, Leica also makes scientific and surveying instruments, as does Zeiss. Zeiss actually makes all sorts of stuff, like planetarium projectors. They're a huge company, if not larger than Nikon (don't quote me on that). Hasselblad is just obnoxious.

Last edited:

These brands are *so* prestigious that marketing companies license their name so that rich people can carry around a $20,000 camera phone as a status symbol.

Did you really think that Zeiss makes those wet wipes at WalMart?

BTW, Leica also makes scientific and surveying instruments, as does Zeiss. Zeiss actually makes all sorts of stuff, like planetarium projectors. They're a huge company, if not larger than Nikon (don't quote me on that). Hasselblad is just obnoxious.

You're confusing Leica Geosystems, Leica Biosystems, Leica Microsystems with Leica Cameras AG which is owned by Hermés.
They're 4 separate companies sharing the same name.

Why you guys still arguing this? Everyone already takes more photos with their phones now even when they have a camera it is usually at home. Think everyone is just going to keep buying cameras that they need or use less and less?

Why you guys still arguing this? Everyone already takes more photos with their phones now even when they have a camera it is usually at home. Think everyone is just going to keep buying cameras that they need or use less and less?

I hardly take any photos with my phone. If I do, its just snap shot of something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back