The Emotional

Sicboi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got caught off guard and that was just the beginning. I finished off the photo with some post process work and we are at this bright little shot. The girl sitting and doing her job is quite familiar with me. She always says something to me.

$justice.JPG

I thought you might like it like this.

$Highlights for Children.JPG

Last edited:
Your girlie blends right in with her surroundings. If you wouldn't have mentioned her above, I might never have seen her.

I know, I felt like this too.

It's actually JUST a picture of her. Of course she doesn't know I'm photographing!

1. Yes, you most certainly can shoot people without telling them. I do it all the time. Laws vary by state and situation, but that's the general rule.
2. If you were taking a picture of HER, you failed. She's barely visible. Most of this shot is taken up by the shiny floor. The rest is taken up by the typical chaos of a grocery store.
3. Looks like you missed the focus.

Missed, the focus? How about the composition of the ACTUAL (know what you mean though). Also, when it comes to the law, and this topic of telling not telling. What do you think court is for? The police uphold the ability of ones freedoms and it is a fact that you can win any case in court...by a not guilty; etc. Especially the big ones...

Stop worrying about whether or not you are allowed to take a picture of this chick. The shot isn't going t be sold to the store for advertising. =)
I can see what you were going for in the shot. It just didn't translate the way you would of liked it. There are some nice leading lines...the freezer doors...the shelves on the opposite side...the light reflection on the floor, but they don't lead you to anything overly interesting. This was a nice attempt. Now bin it and try again!! :D

It's better you tell her you did photograph her. You can not photograph someone you know and not telling.

Completely false. With only a very few exceptions, you can photograph anything and anyone in a public place, this includes people. Otherwise, I might have to approach 500 people and ask for their permission if I'm taking a shot of grand central station for example.

A step to the left and get lower and you might have had something here. But you didn't and she's lost in the frame, which she's supposed to be the point of the frame, therefore the picture is lost. Agreed which Mishele, bin it.

It's better you tell her you did photograph her. You can not photograph someone you know and not telling.

Completely false. With only a very few exceptions, you can photograph anything and anyone in a public place, this includes people. Otherwise, I might have to approach 500 people and ask for their permission if I'm taking a shot of grand central station for example.

I'm saying this woman spoke to him, and he took a picture without telling her. She will see him again, and he may will taking pictures again.

I don't mind this. I do see what could be contrast too high in the first, and a inside camera issue never mind the girl, none of the shot is really clear. Curious to know what camera took this and your settings. i would lower the contrast in the first if possible and undo some of the processing. Second one is over done too but if it were me that would just go in the bin. You like them, keep them. Far as interest, what in life is interesting? All about same. you could post a night landscape or a car photo which would have about as much interest for me as what you posted. just sayn its all pretty much the same.
More interesting is the names "the emotion" justice, highlights for children? where are the names coming from?

could you post a less messed with image closer to straight out of camera?

Most reactions

Back