lchprg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My daughter on a fence watching me with love
24470ccba546be68c8b10d6d884059e5.jpg

lch

Who's love?

;)

This is a great moment, perfectly captured, BUT... I really wish there was a little more top and bottom to the image. It feels too tight to me.

Her sweet love ;) thanks for your comment, I agree. Struggling to do better, very good insight. Best, Liviu

lch

A vertical format would help here. Always holding the camera level is a common error with beginners, and it's more common than you might think. Eventually you will turn the camera without even thinking about it, but in the early days it will be a struggle to try to remember everything.

Makes allot of sense! Seems to be addictive - the more I hear comments from you, the more it pushes me to go out and shoot! Thanks allot!

lch

A vertical format would help here. Always holding the camera level is a common error with beginners, and it's more common than you might think. Eventually you will turn the camera without even thinking about it, but in the early days it will be a struggle to try to remember everything.
I'm going to disagree on this, for this image. I am normally a huge proponent of "portraits should be shot in portrait aspect", but I think in this case, the landscape aspect helps situate the viewer. I honestly don't think this particular image would work as well in portrait.

Ref your first comment tirediron - Can I work this by increasing the distance from the subject and still meet the ratio? I took this with a 45mm so the only chance I have is eithe portrait or ... distance? Here's one in portrait taken a while ago.
c415327caefeb7e4a0a5f9072e1f4790.jpg

lch

I like this a lot even though the composition could have been slightly wider I still love that face.

Awwwwwwwwwww, what a cutie.

Yes, go a bit wider (further away) to put some space around her.

I'll tell her that she's a star already :) Great comments all, thanks, will keep shooting and posting. This is very encouraging!

lch

Most reactions

Back