The face without a man

faux toe graph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had to take out a bad reflection in PS, and I'm just starting to use the program so I realize some of the tones are slightly off. I plan on reshooting it at some point. I love the subject.

Face2.jpg

Nice idea for a subject, though the angle of the shot is a bit bad. There are so many distracting objects - the trees and plants especially. Perhaps try taking the shot from inside, and shooting what the "man" sees.

I didn't like it at first, the title kind of bothered me, seemed a bit gimmicky. Now I'm really starting to like it, actually I love it. It's kind of a trashy realism, and it's almost scary but the inclusion of a dummy instead of a person implies a cheeky, self conscious humor that I love. I'm also wondering if your title is an allusion to the film "Eyes without a face"? I also believe there is a semi-famous photo with a similar title...can't recall it though.

Everything protruding on the sides is great, btw, I wouldn't change that.

Kinda diggin this one. I was wondering what it might look like in black and white. May even look freakier.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I would like to go back and try different angles with different lighting as well. I think it might look cool shot in the rain. It definately needs to be redone though, too blurry. I do have a few where he's looking at me but I liked this angle better. Rob, the title is a play on the movie title "The man without a face". I thought it fit. Here's another angle and the same as above in b&w. Let me know what you think.

In this version you can see that the reflection remains. I had foliage on both sides so I didn't have much room to work with this angle.
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back