The fire leaves its mark and men carry on

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i noticed this bench inside a train station, and saw that it had been damaged in a fire and thought it would be an interesting subject.

Im mostly looking for comments on composition here, but others are welcome, looking to improve after all.

14100_333945829737_663134737_3502775_5658940_n.jpg

Sorry for the reduced quality, crappy facebook upload

First off, why are you uploading photos here from Facebook? If you want honest c&c you need to post a quality image and not give excuses for why the image looks crappy.

I think if you are wanting to focus on the damage to the bench, it needs to be composed another way, to me it looks like the lacquer is aged and cracked, I still dont see fire damage.

First off, why are you uploading photos here from Facebook? If you want honest c&c you need to post a quality image and not give excuses for why the image looks crappy.

I think if you are wanting to focus on the damage to the bench, it needs to be composed another way, to me it looks like the lacquer is aged and cracked, I still dont see fire damage.

i did it from facebook because i ran out of room on flickr, no need to be a dick about it dude

i did it from facebook because i ran out of room on flickr, no need to be a dick about it dude

Chill out kid, just trying to help. How can someone give honest critique when the image is supposedly poor quality?
If you cant take it dont ask for it... or I guess I could give the newbie typical post... "I really like it, its pretty":sexywink:

Quality aside, the "damage" isn't detailed enough to read. As the subject, it takes up a small percentage of the image.

I think you could have found some better line compositions with that subject. The bench seat itself is too washed out...I dunno. Not really much to see here. You've done much better in the past. So...keep it up. :thumbup:

Lower angle would probably have been better. The brightness of the window in the background is really distract, that was the first place my eyes went.

I have to agree that the window take away from the bench a good deal, as well as the blown out seat itself is an issue. The purpose/rationale for the subject could turn out great. Its a stationary object in a public place you should definitely give different times of day a try to solve the window/lighting issue. Other than that like others said, give some other angles a try.

Definitely one to return to :thumbup:

Chill out kid, just trying to help. How can someone give honest critique when the image is supposedly poor quality?
If you cant take it dont ask for it... or I guess I could give the newbie typical post... "I really like it, its pretty":sexywink:

Yeah, you are definitely not a noob, because you use derisive remarks about image quality rather than blindly praise a photo. But you also failed to notice that he asked for tips on composition rather than "CAN U C MAH MEGAPIXELZ?".

You were being a dick, Tulsa.

OP- As far as the composition is concerned, I would have liked to see more angles, maybe including the back of the bench in the foreground. The lines bring in your attention, which is good... But I think there's probably some interesting stuff outside the frame.

Yeah, you are definitely not a noob, because you use derisive remarks about image quality rather than blindly praise a photo. But you also failed to notice that he asked for tips on composition rather than "CAN U C MAH MEGAPIXELZ?".

OP- As far as the composition is concerned, I would have liked to see more angles, maybe including the back of the bench in the foreground. The lines bring in your attention, which is good... But I think there's probably some interesting stuff outside the frame.

:thumbup:

Seriously, why do these power trips only appear on internet message boards? The only people in real life I encounter with them are VP's and high up executives...which is partly understandable. I have no cadence to give a critique on the photo as im a noob but im not sure the quality of a FB uploaded pic and a Flickr uploaded pick don't have that much of a difference. Nice try op. Like the angle and what you were going for but the light from the window seems to blow it out a bit. Guess a bit overexposed. To the first responder, Tulsa; what the hell dude?

:thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbdown:

Why do people have to be so rude?

saying that the image is poor quality after i tell you why is a dick move, and you can still c&c with a slightly reduced image quality

Seriously, why do these power trips only appear on internet message boards? The only people in real life I encounter with them are VP's and high up executives...which is partly understandable. I have no cadence to give a critique on the photo as im a noob but im not sure the quality of a FB uploaded pic and a Flickr uploaded pick don't have that much of a difference. Nice try op. Like the angle and what you were going for but the light from the window seems to blow it out a bit. Guess a bit overexposed. To the first responder, Tulsa; what the hell dude?

there actually is a difference, facebook to conserve space on their servers resize the image and lower its quality to ensure they dont have to spend more money on servers.

but anyway, thanks for the comment, seems like i need to try some different angles and maybe bring the exposure down a notch

If you didnt make it known it was poor quality or reduced quality do you think anyone would of noticed/ Serioulsy? Im not seeing the fire damage, looks like old stain to me. I do like the lines though.

Most reactions

Back