The garden. (Heavy pics)

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So far everything is looking great!
And like all my photos, C&C is welcome. :)

IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3044.jpg
IMG_3046.jpg
IMG_3048.jpg
IMG_3049.jpg
IMG_3051.jpg
IMG_3052.jpg
IMG_3053.jpg
IMG_3058.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg

That's more than just a garden. Looks like you're feeding the town. Nice.

Joe

Around here we'd call that a farm, lol. Nice work!

Nice. Lot.of work right there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's more than just a garden. Looks like you're feeding the town. Nice.

Joe

Around here we'd call that a farm, lol. Nice work!

Nice. Lot.of work right there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

It is a lot of work, but we are rather used to it. My family has been gardening for over 30 years, and we are going bigger all the time. :)
I am going out today, to start picking broccoli. It is always nice when you start to get a return on all your work. :)

Wow! Put's my little 25'x25' garden to shame! We just put in our tomatoes and peppers last weekend.

Looking good. Especially with all the rain we had the week before and thru Labor Day. If any of the tomatoes are Heirlooms holler. I have a great recipe for Heirloom Tomato Pie.

Wow! Put's my little 25'x25' garden to shame! We just put in our tomatoes and peppers last weekend.

25'x25' is much bigger than most gardens out there. You are way cold up there, so it doesn't surprise me that youare just now getting your tomatoes and peppers in. :)

Looking good. Especially with all the rain we had the week before and thru Labor Day. If any of the tomatoes are Heirlooms holler. I have a great recipe for Heirloom Tomato Pie.

The rain was great but, I didn't have the time before it started raining to get all the mulch down on the potatoes, and now the plants are to big to put it down. And they are now drying out really fast. hopefully we get rain on Monday.
I didn't grow Heirlooms this year, because disease can be a problem with them. But I will most likely plant some next year. :)

25'x25' is much bigger than most gardens out there. You are way cold up there, so it doesn't surprise me that youare just now getting your tomatoes and peppers in. :)

The rain was great but, I didn't have the time before it started raining to get all the mulch down on the potatoes, and now the plants are to big to put it down. And they are now drying out really fast. hopefully we get rain on Monday.
I didn't grow Heirlooms this year, because disease can be a problem with them. But I will most likely plant some next year. :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU DO NOT HOPE WE WILL GET RAIN MONDAY!!!!! We have about 300 acres in wheat that has turned golden. Nice big full heads getting very near to harvest time. We want to get the combine in a dry field, not a mud quagmire. You can have your rain after the 4th of July, or after we get the wheat harvested, which ever comes first!!!!! Until then Bite Your Tongue. :allteeth:

You can have your rain after the 4th of July, or after we get the wheat harvested,

Sunny skies for 7 days in the Missouri bootheel, but I don't know if ours will be ready before then. After that 7 more days of rain. I guess we've been lucky as replants due to flooding has been minimal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU DO NOT HOPE WE WILL GET RAIN MONDAY!!!!! We have about 300 acres in wheat that has turned golden. Nice big full heads getting very near to harvest time. We want to get the combine in a dry field, not a mud quagmire. You can have your rain after the 4th of July, or after we get the wheat harvested, which ever comes first!!!!! Until then Bite Your Tongue. :allteeth:

I see your point, but I have a LOT of potatoes that are getting very dry, and it is a pain in the neck watering.
The wheat is getting close to ready around here, but today I was over at Newton, and the wheat looks much drier over there.
Right now everyone is mowing hay around here, so I am sure they don't want rain either. All I really want is around 0.5" would be good for right now. :)
Do you just have the 300 of wheat, or do you have more ground than that?

Okay... I see what the food is going to eat, but where's the FOOD?????

I am vegan, so what you see is what you get! :) However, if you like rabbit we have shot well over twenty in the past two weeks. You should butcher wild rabbit is the summer, but they're all yours if you want to live on the edge! :lol:

I see your point, but I have a LOT of potatoes that are getting very dry, and it is a pain in the neck watering.
The wheat is getting close to ready around here, but today I was over at Newton, and the wheat looks much drier over there.
Right now everyone is mowing hay around here, so I am sure they don't want rain either. All I really want is around 0.5" would be good for right now. :)

I am vegan, so what you see is what you get! :) However, if you like rabbit we have shot well over twenty in the past two weeks. You should butcher wild rabbit is the summer, but they're all yours if you want to live on the edge! :lol:
A full section of tillable land and a half section of pasture. The rest of the tillable is in soybeans and sorghum.

A full section of tillable land and a half section of pasture. The rest of the tillable is in soybeans and sorghum.

If you don't get rain until after July 4th, your beans will be looking pretty sorry. I talk friend today that farms today, and he is hoping for at least an inch of rain. He said his wheat will be fine and his beans and corn really need it. :)

If you don't get rain until after July 4th, your beans will be looking pretty sorry. I talk friend today that farms today, and he is hoping for at least an inch of rain. He said his wheat will be fine and his beans and corn really need it. :)

I'm not too worried about it. We have never had a harvest in as late as the 4th of July. Usually by the end of June at the very latest. A few showers here and there are fine, but not the kind of rain we have had lately. We had 9 1/2 inches two weeks ago with about 2 more last week. Ground still has plenty of moisture in it deep down. We should be cutting by the end of next week or the first part of the following week.

Most reactions

Back