the gate

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
churchandgate21xv.jpg

This is a nice perspective. The rusty iron door seems to say "Come in" in the way it is just ajar. Nice little church in the background. Maybe you should run this through the "Photoshop Challenges" and ask people to change the sky for you just a little bit... it is so "British", i.e. totally grey and absolutely non-descript --- almost not there.
And I find this a bit bright and lacking in contrast. These two aspects could be changed within seconds, though.

Cool shot. Too bad about the sky in this, but the perspective is nice.

What a beautiful little scene. Very inviting, as LaFoto mentioned the open gate makes you want to slip into this image and head up the path. Did you take any more pictures of this area?

A cropping along the top of the image, right above the treeline, would make the flat sky much less noticable and it wouldn't be drawing the viewer's eyes off the scene the way it does as presented now. Your image looks like a scan of a full bleed print :thumbup: so I hate to suggest a crop, but truthfully the flat sky detracts from an otherwise very lovely scene.

Nice job! :)

I like the shot as well. Others have already mentioned cropping out some of the sky, but the image also looks like it needs to be rotated just a bit counter clock wise. It looks likeit's got a bit of a tilt to it.

Excellent perspective and good eye to see this.

Mike

I thank you for all your comments.

Contrary to general opinion I have never minded the lack of detail in the sky. This kind of weather give you this low contrast lighting that gives shadow detail and even lighting and nice colors without being harsh. With no upper border the sky is endless.

If you make the sky gray the photo looks flat, if you add clouds they don't go with the photo and the lighting.

As always I give blanket OK for anyone to alter any of my photos. I enjoy seeing an image thru other's eyes.

As others stated the photo looks very inviting. Well captured and the stonework looks so neat. Looks like a place to revisit and blow a wad of pictures on.

Saddog_ChurchGate_mychange.jpg

That would be the same image "through my eyes". Few changes. Not many. I hope that on your screen, saddog, the sky is still white. It is so on mine.

same image "through my eyes". Few changes. Not many.

Looks like a bounce in contrast and a little more color saturation, might make a better hard copy print than mine.

How about one "with" a sky?
churchandgatewithsky1dk.jpg

I need another trip back to Ireland! The original was scanned from an Ektachrome slide.
Again thanks for all the comments!

Most reactions

Back