What's new

The Gateway Arch

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
49
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these this weekend on a trip to St. Louis. I hope you enjoy.

If you like these, please check out the rest of my arch shots here. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=179228512091511&set=a.179175195430176.49976.143969942284035#!/album.php?aid=49976&id=143969942284035

DSC_0218.jpg


DSC_0246.jpg
 
Eric
I like both shots.

The first image has really caught my attention. I like the angle and lighting very much. I also like the metallic skin and how you have treated it. If not for the plane trails, it would be an awesome image.

The colors and angle of the second image work well. This wide angle shot capturing the lighting (from the silver, to the bronze and then golden shades of the arch - not to mention all the other colors present) as you have works very well indeed.
 
Thanks. The plane trail would be an easy clone. I just thought it added to the sky a little.
 
Eric, the way I see this image, the arch does not need anything else. The trails just distract from the arch, which you have done such a great job with both in the treatment and angle.
 
Pierre, you were completely right.

Arch_003.jpg
 
The removal of the trail made a huge difference. Both shots are stunning. In terms of doing the right thing to capture that subject. You hit the nail on the head.
 
Kind words. Thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom