What's new

The Grader

Thanks all for looking and commenting. :)
I'm taken aback by the great response.
 
I love the pictures...

Quick question, though...How do you soften the pictures like that. It seems that the light gets very creamy towards the edges and the entire image looks like it was pulled out of a mythical story.

Is this some sort of filter on photoshop that has evaded me for the last 6 months? :)
 
Cesium 911 said:
I love the pictures...

Quick question, though...How do you soften the pictures like that. It seems that the light gets very creamy towards the edges and the entire image looks like it was pulled out of a mythical story.

Is this some sort of filter on photoshop that has evaded me for the last 6 months? :)
Easy peasy and I don't mind sharing. i applied the following to all three pics.

It's a photoshop action I made myself(read in a magazine).
You can do it without recording an action even. do the following:
- open image; adjust levels, etc.
- create duplicate layer
- apply gaussian blur at 20% (this level may vary depending on res. of image; jus be sure it is good and blurry but still you can see blobby detail)
- in layers palette change blend mode of this layer to 'overlay'
- bingo you have the effect; adjust opacity slider to vary the intensity

Play around with it on different images of varying density, colour etc. to see how it works.

Thanks for lookin!

:) :)
 
JonK said:
Easy peasy and I don't mind sharing. i applied the following to all three pics.

It's a photoshop action I made myself(read in a magazine).
You can do it without recording an action even. do the following:
- open image; adjust levels, etc.
- create duplicate layer
- apply gaussian blur at 20% (this level may vary depending on res. of image; jus be sure it is good and blurry but still you can see blobby detail)
- in layers palette change blend mode of this layer to 'overlay'
- bingo you have the effect; adjust opacity slider to vary the intensity

Play around with it on different images of varying density, colour etc. to see how it works.

Thanks for lookin!

:) :)

YES! Thank you so much...I'll be sure to return the favor some way. :thumbup:
 
AIRIC said:
Number two is very cool. Looks like a promo add.

Eric
Wanna buy a grader?
:mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom