The Grand Piano at the City Hall

janok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo4dummies.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the main hall there is a grand piano that is used in concerts. The picture is taken with 5 shots and post-processed with Photomatix and Topaz Adjust. I had to do some cleanup on the background to get more focus on the piano.

The Grand Piano at the City Hall by janokiese, on Flickr

Your sense of composition is sensational, and I love your color palette.

One of the few HDR's I have ever truly liked. :thumbup:

janok said:
In the main hall there is a grand piano that is used in concerts. The picture is taken with 5 shots and post-processed with Photomatix and Topaz Adjust. I had to do some cleanup on the background to get more focus on the piano.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jankiese/6559106863/
The Grand Piano at the City Hall by janokiese, on Flickr

Nice work. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

There are a lot of things to like ; however, I find it flat, flat in the sense of space, certainly not contrast.

I had to spend a lot of time figuring out the relationship of the piano to the back wall and the overhead filigree.

There is always one spoiler in the batch:sexywink:

Still loving that lens, and it is tempting to put it on my d700.

I think the composition is striking. However, the halos around the piano are very distracting and the areas of the piano that I would expect to be in shadow appear unnaturally bright.

A striking composition. The wall confused my at 1st to exactly what it was until I found the entrance/exit, and realized it was indeed a wall.

I like the perspective but I am having a hard time focusing in on the picture. The top diagonal trim is throwing my eyes off from the perspective of the piano. I think maybe do the lens choice or distortion. The piano does not feel like it pops out of the background I think its because the floor and the wall seem to be the same material. The other thing is I would have liked to have see this without the cover on the piano but, that I am sure is beyond your control.

I know you are great at what you do and I am a huge fan of your work however without sounding like an a$$ I don't feel that this is one of your strongest pieces. Just being honest.

Its a really interesting shot on many levels generating a lot of feelings on both ends of the scale. And the space in between. What I dont like most, is the chromatic aberration that runs around the chair. Red, Green shows up very strong but is fixable.

Thank you all for the feedback. I still have so much to learn – and you guys are really helping me out improving my pictures.
I wish you all a Mary Xmas :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back