The great escape

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a setup, just to see what happened, after a while it became obvious that the poor thing wasnt going to get out even though it had made progress, so i helped it a little and missed the moment that it actually made it to freedom.

The series wasnt as nice as i hoped, a bit unnatural for my liking, here is one of the shots

cricket1.jpg

cricket2.jpg

And here is the little story

escape.jpg

tim

BTW Corinna i have a whole bunch with the "right" one, colour that is, but am saving them till i get a good series :)

Nice macros! Do you keep the Venus FlyTrap in your house? Or did you stumble upon them out in the wild? Where were the pics taken, therye awesome! Nice series!

Thanks newrmdmike, glad you like em :).

Nice macros! Do you keep the Venus FlyTrap in your house? Or did you stumble upon them out in the wild? Where were the pics taken, therye awesome! Nice series!

They are both in my house, the house crickets are unfortunatly food for other pets, but i kind of like them so don't like them getting eaten unecessarily :(. they chirp so sweetly :), but i guess that is natures way.

Groupcaptainbonzo the crickets are an introduced species to denmark that now live wild and are now concidered a pest, the are absolutly harmless, but make an awful noise, they become a pest when they come into houses when it gets too cold for them outside, make their noise and people end up hateing them.

tim

Cool series.
And what is wrong with the colour in this series? I already like it!
Though I am kind of haunted a bit by the cricket's fearful eyes as she is trapped by "Venus" ... DELIBERATELY, for the sake of this series. Tsk-tsk-tsk!

Well, but you helped it free itself, to then miss the final moment when it came out again? So no animal was harmed in the making of this series. That's ok then :D.

ah the poor venus flytrap had to go hungry;) Good story.

Like all the pictures, but on the last picture, middle bottom, the angle taken with the cricket partially encomposed by the flytrap draws me in more as it appears to show more of a struggle happening, at that point the two look evenly matched and one does not know who will win making the picture more dynamic.

excellent series

Most reactions

Back