The Great Music Thread!!!!

On Wednesday 21 October 2020, it'll be 54 years since the Aberfan disaster, where the slag heap from a coal mine cascaded down a Welsh hillside, destroying a farm, several houses and a school full of children.

I remember this disaster well. 144 dead, 116 of them children in the school. If this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, nothing will. The song is Myfanwy, which happens to be my favourite Welsh choral piece. Beautiful.

I've always felt the Pink Floyd was the U.K.'s gift to mankind.

The slide-guitar solo in Shine On You Crazy Diamond pts. 6-9 is my favorite piece of music. Ever. I want it playing on a continuous loop when I'm finally checking out.

These bloody links don't work for me. I'll have to look on my PC later (again).

Then it'll be nap time after that, you've had such a hard day. :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, I've been trudging through half melted snow for the last hour. Delivering curry to my ill ma' and visiting my daughter and granddaughter who are alone on the wee ones first Valentines day. Physically and emotionally tiring.

Yeah, I've been trudging through half melted snow for the last hour. Delivering curry to my ill ma' and visiting my daughter and granddaughter who are alone on the wee ones first Valentines day. Physically and emotionally tiring.

Well, then there's all that. Have a Happy Valentines Day.

Well, then there's all that. Have a Happy Valentines Day.

Impossible. I'm home with the wife now:allteeth:

And here's some more Postmodern Jukebox arrangements with different singers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back