The Guides

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys, I was wondering about the Field Guides (etc...), are they worth getting? And if they are, are any of them put together any better than others? A guy at work recommended this one to me:

514H-zIDoTL._SS500_.jpg

Crap. None of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1227492450/ref=sr_nr_i_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=nikon%20d90&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anikon%20d90%2Ci%3Astripbooks"]these guides[/ame] come out until the first few months of '09

I bought the one for the Canon XTi right after I bought it and was ignorant enough not to even know how to spell DSLR.

For me, it was a good jumping point and general all-around upgrade to the manual and guided me out of the point-and-shoot modes. Great? Nope, but covers the basics and some simple, easy-to-understand chapters on things like basic composition.

I was about to ask the same question,for this exact book.

I have the Magic Lantern Guide for my D80. IMO it is an excellent source for anyone trying to learn the intracacies(spelling?) of a new camera. It is much clearer in instruction and far easier to follow than Nikon's own over complicated and rather helter skelter manual. By all means get one soonest.

Brian

If you know little about shutter speed aperture iso etc and how to use this settings in different situation with you D90, then it;s a great purchase.
But if you already know when to use different settings and read the instructions manual of the camera, then it's kind of useless.
I read something similar (more of curiosity) for my 40D and about 5% of the information found useful, the rest i already knew.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back