The Guitar

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
was just goofing around with some expired HP4125 and my external flash.

I was doing really long exposures (10ses - 2 min) and i was hand holding my flash trying to get some neat lighting effect
i accidently bumped my camera while taking this shot and i quite like how it ended up
6-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

any C&C :)

It is the exteme simplicity of subject matter and composition in Photo 2 that appeals to me. Wonderfully abstract, yet recognisable guitar. That one's good! Lots and lots of negative space and I still think there is not too much of it. I like!

The second one is fantastic!! :hail: I would love to hang that one on my wall! Thanks for posting.

I also agree that #2 is by far the best shot. Nice lines and lighting in that last one!

Jumping on the #2 bandwagon. Very nice shot. I love guitars and this shot really captures the sheer beauty of the curves you see on these marvelous instruments. Did you black out the guitar top in PS or is this the capture? I'm trying to figure out how the switch can be so pronounced without showing any detail of the top.

#2 for me. Super clean and simple...I love it!!

I love them both. I like the softer feel of the first, it has a nostalgic feel to it which I think fits perfectly with the subject matter. Then of course like others have mentioned the super clean-ness of the 2nd is very appealing - gives it a modern feel, which is also appropriate for the subject. Wonderful!!

i did the second shot by flashing it from a very low angle, maybe even from slightly under the guitar. I did PS the beginning of the neck out but that is all.
Im deffinatly printing this one, but i have to figure out a way to remove the start of the guitar neck. (it shouldnt be to hard) (its film so i have to do this minus Photoshop when i print it)
unfortunatly i also removed the reflection of the switch in the guitar and while im pretty good at printing photos, im not sure there is a way to remove the reflection with out risking damage to the actual switch or the side of the guitar.

I can only agree with everyone else number two is stunning!

You've motivated me into getting my Les Paul out and having ago at a simular photo! What did you use for a background?

Any other tips welcome!

Simon

Most reactions

Back