The Homeless Of D.C.

Fantastic shots, liking them a lot. I would never have the balls to take any photos of the poor people around my area, they'll probably start getting aggressive!

David

So is that last one tone mapped?
Looks like it.

And I have seen that self same lady when I was in DC 1 1/2 years ago. I might even have her photo, too, somewhere ... would need to dig out the DVD with all my Washington D.C. pics from the meet-up and look through them.

very nice job joey. i love the emotion in these. i am very attracted to your pics b/c i have such a heart for the homeless and actually volunteered for a while at a shelter in downtown ft. worth. keep up the generosity when photographing them. offer to take them to mcd's or something and i'll bet you'll get more of them to agree. thanks for sharing

So is that last one tone mapped?
Looks like it.

And I have seen that self same lady when I was in DC 1 1/2 years ago. I might even have her photo, too, somewhere ... would need to dig out the DVD with all my Washington D.C. pics from the meet-up and look through them.

its not tone mapped, just added vignette, lowered saturation, and burned and dodged a little.

maybe you could photoshop out the bed bath and beyond logo on the cart stuff like that always catches my eyes.

maybe you could photoshop out the bed bath and beyond logo on the cart stuff like that always catches my eyes.

i tried and it looked bad, plus, if i get it printed, im going to title it "Beyond a Bed and a Bath" :confused:

i just think its kind of ironic he would have that shopping cart.

Really great images. The plight of the homeless always makes me sad. When they die, will anyone really know? The fact that you have an image of some of the world's forgotten is very moving.

Marian

Well done joey. These are the best you've put up for us to see.

I like the irony in #2 with the trolley badge, but I have to give a big thumbs up on the capture of despair in #3. There is irony in #3 as well since he is stretched out on a "uniforms group" box.

lol thanks tho, i hope to go to different cities, and take pics of their residents.
If you every come down to Atlanta, a local church does a ministry called "church on the street" where once a week they go down to the inner city and feed the homeless and you would have probably 100 subjects to try out your eye on. It is either Tues, Wed, or Thurs. I believe it is the last, but if you are ever interested in finding out, let me know. :)

The only problem is picking the right time of year so that you have good lighting during the evening hours when most people show up.

yeah, ied have to make a trip down there in the summer where daylight hours are long. Umm, i plan on taking a road trip this summer down the east coast, maybe hit up phili first then head down south. thanks for the info!

yeah, ied have to make a trip down there in the summer where daylight hours are long. Umm, i plan on taking a road trip this summer down the east coast, maybe hit up phili first then head down south. thanks for the info!

Sure. Savannah is also a great town with the squares and Spanish Moss hanging all around. I believe Forest Gump was filmed there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back