The House...

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a sample shot from the house I just got finished with. The house is awesome, and hopefully I will be able to show more of it. Technically, the most challenging shoot I have ever done. Multiple lights, gels, diffusers, soft boxes, etc… One and half days of working my arse off. Now on to the editing...

001 by keips66, on Flickr
Thoughts?

Yeah, this is the master bath… Looked very Hotel-ish. Wait till you see the rest...

002 by keips66, on Flickr
a glimpse into the kitchen...

002 by keips66, on Flickr
(edit) - not so bright for the reflection.

Last edited:
I don't even think I can afford to look at pictures of this house. But I think your hard work paid off.

Now that I look at it, I could probably crop some of the wood floor out...

Yeah... .. my jaw dropped when I walked in for the first time...

Lee, you might want to consider using a polarizer (next time) when shooting the highly reflective floors. Some amount of reflection, but not to the point of glare. Otherwise, my hat off to you.

Yeah, good point. The designer wanted some of that effect. Didn't even think about the polarizer. I can try and minimize that glare. -gimme a while. Yeah Its not my house, not by a long shot. More pics coming...

I'm kinda hoping you're getting percentage of the sales price...

Looking at the last image, I've also noticed that there's a visual disconnect between the relatively "normal" light coming through the windows, and the very strong reflected glare on the floors. I didn't pick it up at first glance, but after looking at it some more, it seems you used a HDR technique to make the outside look "normal" but forgot to do the same with the reflected floor glare. This is not a criticism - I'm enjoying your shots and am learning as you post. It's just that this doesn't seem to make visual sense.

Not conventional HDR. just exposed once for the outside (which happened to be pouring rain) and the original 1 shot interior shot. Then I made a composite manually in photoshop.
Now that I give it some time, I also see that the glare is intense, and could use some work. Good looking out.

Thanks for taking pics of my house!

Looks good :p

Very nice. I think you did a great job. I wouldn't lose any of the hardwood floors in that second one, because it really shows its size.

The entire home was beautiful hardwood. Ill try to get the others up shortly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back