The Hudson Line

The track is good at leading my eye to that train but i feel i just get stuck there with no lines to lead into the rest of the image maybe coping it would help

It's an old thread but had to make this comment. If you look at the image purely in terms of lines and objects...

But images aren't just lines and objects but tones and textures as well, but what are lines but abrupt changes between tones and textures? There's also fast moving towards and slow moving away.

Some of limr's images are really compelling in a way I can't attach a logic to, (some aren't). But I'm always open to a different view rather than try to make the image conform to a logic I understand. The compelling images are telling me to shut up and listen, so I'm always looking to see something different, to learn something new. So I don't want this to conform to leading lines and 'thirds' (God forbid) but show me something different. ;)

Adding both lights and darks luminosity masks reveals much more sky than you are posting and a brighter headlight...cropping where the foliage ends on the right makes for a more visually stimulating composition..just my opinion.

It's an old thread but had to make this comment. If you look at the image purely in terms of lines and objects...

But images aren't just lines and objects but tones and textures as well, but what are lines but abrupt changes between tones and textures? There's also fast moving towards and slow moving away.

Some of limr's images are really compelling in a way I can't attach a logic to, (some aren't). But I'm always open to a different view rather than try to make the image conform to a logic I understand. The compelling images are telling me to shut up and listen, so I'm always looking to see something different, to learn something new. So I don't want this to conform to leading lines and 'thirds' (God forbid) but show me something different. ;)

Thank you both for your feedback. Things for me to chew on :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back