What's new

The Hungry Worm

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1637.jpg


Now that I see it on the big screen, I wish I used a smaller (?) aperature to get it a little more in-focus. Thoughts?
 
Caterpillar. The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar. Worms don't turn into butterflies!

Several issues here:

1. It looks like a panorama yet only half of the caterpillar is in shot and the other half of the frame is empty.
2. It looks very dark. Either flash/wider aperture of slower shutter speed would have helped you expose the shot properly.
3. The white balance is wrong. It's radioactive yellow - which would have been corrected if you'd changed the white balance to tungsten.

Try this shot again but get the whole caterpillar in shot preferably with a more interesting composition and a better background. Why not place him on some grass or on the branch of a tree?
 
IMG_1651.jpg


Thanks for the comments, I like this one except for the little bit of motion blur. And the background.
 
Actually i find first one better than the second; in the second the back ground is disturbing the image due to its sharp features.... to some extent, the yellow color makes the image cool in the former
 
You need to change that background. With a kitchen in the background it looks like a nothing shot. You could actually create a cool little scene if you find an appropriate background.
 
Thanks everyone! I really want to go out and take some with a nice green background, but there's still a good 2.5 feet of snow on the ground. <_<
 
Thanks everyone! I really want to go out and take some with a nice green background, but there's still a good 2.5 feet of snow on the ground. <_<

Great! A nice white background to make the colours of the toy stand out!

EXCUSES KAZOOIE! EXCUSES! :lol:
 
that book was crazy good.

could use a bit more light, especially on the legs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom