The Lake was angry .. and so am i.... i had my chance

My 2cents. I have the Tamron 100-400. I assume my comments can be transferred to your lens. I find it heavy and hard to keep steady-especially in wind. I also find it does not focus well if everything is gray. Those dull, gray lifeless days. I do find it works well on sunny days or when there is good contrast for the auto-focus to pick up on. Overall, I have made progress on it overall. Have learned how to hold it steady plus got a tripod/monopod . However, for landscapes I go to lighter lenses-18-135 or 55-250. I use my 400 for wildlife almost exclusively. I almost exclusively use spot center focusing. If it’s a gray lifeless day I rarely even try my 400. The long lens needs more light than our NY days sometimes provides! Lol. Like this weekend!
Wow Winona you really gave me a surprise... yes you are entirely right......on sunny days it is gem.. on cloudy gray days you may as well not waste your time... .. I will look into the lenes you mention.. I always thought the lens had something to do with my focus and the sharpness... thank you very much for tips and related info..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back