The last Boxcar

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I walked a mile down the tracks. Maybe a little less than a mile. When you start to age walking distance tends to change a little bit. So it was probably about 500 yards. But it seemed like a mile.
I saw a Hollow down there. So I sat there waiting for a Train to come out of the Hollow. I waited for about 2 hours. And the Train came from the other way and instead of coming out, it went into it. Wouldn't you know it.....
So there I sat, late in the evening under low light thinking life just gave me Lemons. Then this happened.
.......................So I made Lemonade.

Hope you are all well,
LS6

naIKyOq.jpg

Last edited:
Good shot, nice light....

Superb, I like that green bush on the left with red reflections on the rails !!

Brilliant shot captured the mood and event

My day has been great, today. I was nominated for photo of the month on another photo I did in the nature category.
Something I didn't expect , for the life of me. And now these high praise on my most recent image. All in one day.
I still can't believe it really. Probably won't be many days like this day, for me. But I will remember this day, to my last day.
This forum, and the people here are pretty awesome. All of you in some way or another have helped me on my path to photography
just by reading and studying what some of you do, and how you do it. Mostly I'm just self taught. Read a few books and watched lots of online videos. Hell of a lot of practice, trial and error and just basically learning how to use a camera and all its settings. I get ideas from just being here and seeing some of the things you guys do. It all gets filed away in my head and when something like the boxcar image comes along, it all comes out. I can promise you this. I attribute lots of what I've been doing lately to this forum, and many of you.
You make me better.

I just wanted to say thanks and let you all know that I really appreciate your praise and visiting my threads.

I walked a mile down the tracks. Maybe a little less than a mile. When you start to age walking distance tends to change a little bit. So it was probably about 500 yards. But it seemed like a mile.
I saw a Hollow down there. So I sat there waiting for a Train to come out of the Hollow. I waited for about 2 hours. And the Train came from the other way and instead of coming out, it went into it. Wouldn't you know it.....
So there I sat, late in the evening under low light thinking life just gave me Lemons. Then this happened.
.......................So I made Lemonade.

Hope you are all well,
LS6

naIKyOq.jpg
NIce shot! BTW, I find it easier to use kilometers - they are so much shorter than miles :)

Great photo!

Beautifully lit shot. Great stuff.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Love the mood, good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back