The Last Texas Picture Show

rissalee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt to post anything on TPF, and I do want to improve my photography. So I'll dive right in. This is an old movie theater in a small town in Texas I found last weekend.

How can I improve this shot? Is it overprocessed?? My intention was to give it a bit of a gritty, old feel.

Shot with Canon 6D, 70mm, f5.6 in RAW. It looked better black and white.

Thanks!

$Texas theater copy.jpg

On something like this i like to make sure lines are straight so it may need to be rotated a little. Also i don't like the car reflections go the doors maybe clone those out

Yes - I should have remembered about the straight lines. Will work on the cloning out the reflections as well. Thanks.

Awesome photo!! I love that:)

For shots of things like this, I like to try to include more of the building in order to give the photo more context.
Of course, there may be reasons why you shot tight instead of framing wider (crap outside the frame).
Still,my feeling when viewing this is "I wish I could see more".

Thanks everyone. The reason it's cropped so tight is because there were cars parked to each side of the theater I didn't want to include. Otherwise it would have been a bit better in a wider view.

I imagine you aren't directly in front because your reflection would have shown in the window but, as a result, the canopy looks off and asymmetrical and lines don't look straight but the verticals seem correct.
There is sort of a disconnect between the really gritty stuff right around the front door and the rest of the building which doesn't look so gritty.

Perhaps gritty-up the rest to match?

$Texas-theater-copylllll.jpg

I really like that Lew. Do you think I need to clone out the car reflections?

Thanks everyone. The reason it's cropped so tight is because there were cars parked to each side of the theater I didn't want to include. Otherwise it would have been a bit better in a wider view.

If the parts you cut out are interesting, you should go back when there are no cars.

Most reactions

Back