The last vestiges of hope

JemRaid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

The video is deliberately low quality and blurs at full screen best viewed as is on this page. Please use headphones for the best sound.

I thought of dance, my poses are dance related, I am nearer to death than I am to my birth. I used what I see around me, what I am familiar with for my images and altered and merged them and incorporated my own image into these.

Always at the back of my mind as I created the images was the thought that this work ephemeral though it might be could very well survive my own demise. I wanted above all to create something that gave some hope with beauty.

This was video of the week at; Le Festival International de Vidéo Danse de Bourgogne, Curated by Marisa Hayes and Franck Boulègue at the Video Dance Center of Burgundy and screened in early May 2016

I made the soundtrack using Rob Jackson's iPad app Moodscaper

The full video is 7 minutes long and rendered to MP4 FHD. I give the video to interested collectors together with an ekphrastic poem. Please send me a nice PM if you would like the video. I value direct contact with collectors far more than any money I might make.

Cheers - J

Most reactions

Back