The Life of the Party..

jaharris1001

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
first post here,, looks like a great forum here, anyways this is a shot of my Father at my brothers sons Bday party which happened to be on the 4th of July, my Father had just completed a 6,000 mile road trip of the USA the day before, needless to say, he had the right to be tired,, love the Bday hat and his 4th of Jult shirt ;)

16_edited-4.jpg

I love this photo. It reminds me of a George Carlin skit where he says growing old has its advantages, like being able to leave any social event because you're, "tired." Even at 10:00 in the morning, you can fake being tired, and no one will ever call you out over it. :)

The arm is somewhat strangely placed. At first I thought it was missing, but then I saw it behind his wrist. I don't think it's a problem, though, since you can tell after you look at it closer. I think what's more important is the feeling you get here. It seems like an older man who's no longer able to keep up with the younger pups who party all night. Its wonderful, and I can only imagine how great it is to someone with emotional investment in the subject. If that was my grandpa, it'd be on my wall as an 8" x 10" ! :)

Thanks for the kind words senor hound, I appreciate you commenting !! :D

Most reactions

Back