the light

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
after another dismal night out attempting photographs. :(The Importance of Timing

here is what im reading right now. i noticed a couple weeks ago the light was perfect. looked at the clock it was 5:47 a.m. everything was silhouetted. gorgeous. still lowlight, but gorgeous. And it really did only last for maybe ten minutes. Maybe less. course, then we had the time change. i would have to "clock it" again.

im noticing light more now. woke up couple days later. 3:30 a.m. got to think i need to get out and catch it. I wanted to go somewhere about fourty minutes away. But i fell to sleep again, woke up. looked at the clock. crap. i didn't have time. Basically im into the light thing now.
Need to be to. i can no longer ignore it. cant circumvent it. Light is everything. i find myself thinking about rushing out the door to catch the light too now if i can. which i did last night. missed it. took photos anyway later last night, but looking at the other thread i didn't have much luck (yeah i know, use a tripod blah blah). it sucks, you really just cant get around it the light owns you. i think i need to just accept it. even if i want to take a certain type of photo at near midnight.

i cant make that happen. 2 a.m. it aint going to happen. Middle day, straight overhead. Probably not happening (granted easier than 2 a.m. ) instead of fighting the light, perhaps it is time to accept it and work with what it gives me. course, ill try to bang my head off the wall trying anyway. But it isn't working. unless i schedule my shooting around the light more, i don't see me having much success as light pretty much runs everything. And i cant stop that. And staring at it, trying to plan my day or shooting around it, is kind of a p.i.t.a.

Last edited:
I speak for a lot of people when I say this...

Your post are slightly annoying.

I speak for a lot of people when I say this...

Your post are slightly annoying.
some are. Don't mind me. I have had a one track mind for a month. Get this down.

Big solid blocks of text with no capital letters or proper paragraphs are hard to read online.
Consequently many don't bother and just skip posts like that.

Big solid blocks of text with no capital letters or proper paragraphs are hard to read online.
Consequently many don't bother and just skip posts like that.
better? Thanks btw. you made a comment about light a couple weeks ago in a thread. Also stuck in my head.

What's wrong with 2 am? If the light you want is at 2 am, get out of bed and get the shot. Sleep later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back