What's new

The little Red School House

Carroll1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Here is a series on shots I took of an old school house at the Minden Museum

schoolhouse.jpg


schoolhouse2.jpg




schooldoor.jpg


and of course some colour and texture :)

building.jpg
 
My fave is the first one...the tilt shot. I have such difficulty getting good tilt shots myself. The juxtaposition of the strong red and white colours against the deep blue sky is very striking. Nice series.
 
Like Jeanne, also I am still struggling quite a bit with deliberate tilts in my photos, I seem to be more the "straightforward" person (maybe because it took me ages to get my photos in line with the frame or horizon, I produced veritable "earth quake pictures" for years!), which is why I appreciate the clear lines and shapes in the second photo more, along with the very clear colours of just sky-blue and schoolhouse-red with the white lines around roofs and door. I really like that one very, very much!

And I like the close-up and clear texture of the last!
 
Great series Jenn. The first is my fave as well. Much like LaFoto, I'm a straight shooter too. Partly due to bad horizons when I first started taking pictures (didn't know any better) and partly due to forgetting that you can make things look different by simply tilting the camera. Great eye!
 
Cool shootin Jenn. Lovin the contrast with the blue sky and the red. Nicely captured.
 
Thanks so much everyone for the comments. The tilted shot is my favourite too :)

I was a straight shooter for the longest time and I just didn't like how things were turning out..nice shots but nothing special. So I started tilting and I love the effect it has on the composition. Haven't looked back since ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom