The Littlest Fisherman and Old Building

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Two more new shots. The first is my cute little cousin fishin, and the second is an old house that I found on a drive one day...

IMG_0950web.jpg

IMG_0507web.jpg

And a try at a border on the first image...never can really get a border that I'm happy with, so any tips appreciated :)

IMG_0950webedit.jpg

lots of blue! i like the composition of the barn! nice work as usual Amanda! love what you're discovering in PS.

Thanks Jon, I know it's definitely pushing the boundaries of what people typically like, but it's pushing me to a further point that I am really enjoying right now :)

eromallagadnama said:
but it's pushing me to a further point that I am really enjoying right now :)

that's what it's ALL about!

It is very blue, after you have been to the red-and-golden stage before. And while I like that blue in the overall picture, the little fisherman's very blue legs bug me just a bit. I don't mind the deep hue in the rest of the picture - it sure adds to the atmosphere you were feeling at the time. But the blue legs give it away that you "cheated" on the "blue hour". Not that I would mind that people try this, that and other things with their photos. Much to the contrary. Haven't I done the same, just so I'd find out how a photos then FEELS to me?

Creating borders is something I often would like to do, but it is so frightfully time-consuming all - and with my long answers to many here, most of my time is being gobbled up by writing replies
sexywink.gif
:lol:.

I know it's definitely pushing the boundaries of what people typically like
Well, I love it! That is a stunning shade of blue there. And the silhouette is wonderful.
I think the border you have chosen is ok, perhaps too big though. Perhaps a black line around it like you have, but then blue around it (dark like you have), but no more than twice as thick as the black line?

I love this picture.

The blue fits IMO, and is well executed... except for, as someone already mentioned, the blue highlights in the young man's pants. Perhaps masking these bits off the blue-ing layer.

Either way, I do love this picture. Reminds me of fishing with my nephew.

Wholesome even :thumbup:

Thanks everyone :) I worked on Trying to burn in his entire body to give complete silouhette, but it just wasn't working like I wanted. I will try and see what I can do to get the blueness out of the legs and pants :) I actually did try it in black and white but it just didn't do much for me. Thanks for the advice on the border Ferny :) I will play with that as well...borders frustrate me to no end :lol: Thanks again everyone!!!

Great shots..the first one is amazing with all the blue. Great work.!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back