"The Love for Technology"

Emanuel M

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this picture was made for a friend to put in an article he is writing for the college newspaper.
The title is "The Love for technology," in particular to smartphones and gadjets who accompany us wherever we go.
It will be also focus on aspects such as - "how much we spend to beautify our gadgets" - covers, vinyl, screen protectors, etc.

This photo is of my own, and the smartphone is mine.
He asked me specifically because he knows that I am passionate about these things and since i have a skin on my iPhone, he asked me to take a picture of it.

What do you think?
I know it's not a very common theme here, but do you think I should invest in another composition?

New dBrand Skin!
by Emanuel M, no Flickr

Cheers ;)

I'm not sure about the balance in the composition, the phone's a little far left in the frame. I might think about if it would be better to crop the right side some, still leaving the phone off center; but the crease in the upper right has contrast that I think somewhat draws the eyes to that corner.

If it was cropped it might be a 'cleaner' composition, but I don't know what they're looking for, if that would simplify it too much. Could you give your friend more than one version of this image and see what he can use? Might depend on how much space he has to fill on the page of the newspaper.

I like it in B&W with the texture and variation in tone. I don't know if I'd tweak the contrast just slightly to emphasize the phone a little more, but that's pretty subjective and looking at it on a message board it may appear different than on your computer. (edit - Just looked at your Flickr, yeah, it looks better on there.)

I think the article would be much better served by a photo that has a person in it, a person using technology. Or even just hands holding a phone, or hands shown as the phone's video or still camera functions are being used. This looks like a phone on an easy chair's seating area...it's not engaging. So in answer to your question, yes, by all means, invest in making another composition.

I understand, but he asked for a picture of my phone, to show the upgrades i've done to enhance the beauty of it.
I have this one too where i am holiding it.

WOWpZsh.jpg

I guess the article will have more pictures.
If i take a picture of me using the phone, it won't show the back.
I think he wants my photo for the part where he speaks about "how much we spend to beautify our gadgets".

I don't know.
Maybe i'll ask him if he needs more pics.

it's my first time doing this :p

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers

I'm not sure about the balance in the composition, the phone's a little far left in the frame. I might think about if it would be better to crop the right side some, still leaving the phone off center; but the crease in the upper right has contrast that I think somewhat draws the eyes to that corner.

If it was cropped it might be a 'cleaner' composition, but I don't know what they're looking for, if that would simplify it too much. Could you give your friend more than one version of this image and see what he can use? Might depend on how much space he has to fill on the page of the newspaper.

I like it in B&W with the texture and variation in tone. I don't know if I'd tweak the contrast just slightly to emphasize the phone a little more, but that's pretty subjective and looking at it on a message board it may appear different than on your computer. (edit - Just looked at your Flickr, yeah, it looks better on there.)

I took more pictures, including cleaner ones ;)

lr5QLKr.jpg

This one i like, but i only noticed there was some dust on the table after edition - Maybe i'll take another.

fNsewgd.jpg

This looks like a montage, maybe suitable for other kind of article.

KXMmswt.jpg

This one is a joke to him - "i saw the light" :p

Maybe I'll ask someone to pose for me on the esplanade.
If I can catch the back of the phone and the person looking at it, it can function better.

These pictures are what he asked me, but i guess they are very much informal and very "product design".

But i don't know, I'll have a talk with him ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Mirror + iPhone = Mirror Selfie = back side of beautiful, customized iPhone. (I am kidding you, a little bit here.) My iPhone's glass lens cover has been ruined by ...something...my car keys, maybe? It suddenly developed a bunch of scratches over the lens protective glass, so now anything that is bright causes horrible,horrible flaring of the pictures! DANG it! This happened in one day...just out of the blue...lens ruined!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back