The Maltese Boat called Luzzu

Quenten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone My name is Quenten from Malta. I am a beginner photographer. Started to explore photography from last January and took a 2 month course on basic photography.
It is my first time as well that i am posting anything on this forum so your critiques will be appreciated. $Luzzu.JPG
Took it with a Nikon d3100 f/5.6 1/60sec iso 100. lens 18-55mm. Sunrise at about 6.15 am.

The place is called Marsaxlokk. Fishing Village in Malta

Welcome Quenten,
This is a very nice first posting, the colouring and light is very good.
IMO the composition is a little too central, I would be tempted to crop the RH side a little and lose the tanker completely. The contrast could be lifted slightly, but maybe that is just me.

Well done on a good introductory image! I would like to see more.

Thanks a lot Rob for ur comments and suggestions. Really appreciate

What Rob said plus I would raise the shoreline and the boat a bit putting a little more emphasis on the boat and reflection in the water. Decide ahead of time whats important in the image. Foreground / background. I don't think the sky here helps. Anyway, just my opinion.

Love the colors, but agree with the others - crop the right and the top..... Great shot, though!

Someone in a previous thread asked if the 18-55 kit lens could take good pictures....

BAM!

Nice pic and great colors! I agree about the crop suggestion from right, but I kinda like the reflection of the boat on the water. Try both crops, though, and see what you like.

Hi Rick
I agree with you about to raise the shoreline and the boat and regarding the reflection but the only thing is that the boat was close to the shore

Most reactions

Back