boogaguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
mranmrsconvertsmall.jpg

Should this be in the critique forum? What specifically do you want critiqued?
At first I saw this photo and thought 'Oh no, not another one of these.'
You seem to have a recurring style... that I personally am not a huge fan of. But then I saw the book, and I think it really makes this shot. I like your idea, but the style of this shot (blurred, creepy figures on a dark background) really annoys me.

Should this be in the critique forum? What specifically do you want critiqued?
At first I saw this photo and thought 'Oh no, not another one of these.'
You seem to have a recurring style... that I personally am not a huge fan of. But then I saw the book, and I think it really makes this shot. I like your idea, but the style of this shot (blurred, creepy figures on a dark background) really annoys me.

Right on and thank you for the great compliment! It really annoys you :)
I think thats fantastic. :thumbup:

Right on and thank you for the great compliment! It really annoys you :)
I think thats fantastic. :thumbup:

It's just my opinion, there's no need for sarcasm. Plus, you posted it in the critique forum to begin with, so you need to be open to criticism.

I do enjoy your style, but one thing I think would help alot of these, and this is just my opinion, is having a little bit of base exposure. I know you are going for the black background, with body parts popping out here and there, but for me, a bit of exposure to the entire scene, and I'm not talking much, would set it off, while still retaining the eerie dark feeling.

I do enjoy your style, but one thing I think would help alot of these, and this is just my opinion, is having a little bit of base exposure. I know you are going for the black background, with body parts popping out here and there, but for me, a bit of exposure to the entire scene, and I'm not talking much, would set it off, while still retaining the eerie dark feeling.

Matt I know exactly what you are saying. One of these days I want to get one of those portable studio things. With an actual black background.
In these pictures.. I have a window to the left covered by a green curttain, A green wall with an offwhite ceiling and an unfolded maroon futon to stand on. These are all long 10 plus exposures up to 25 for this one so i can use iso 100 and I have to adjust it accordingly to make up for the light coloered walls. I take them in B&W then adjust them later so the background doesnt come through. I dont have photoshop available right now as Im not at home. all I use is Irfanview.

An annoyance that you have to try and explain your photographs … they don’t speak for themselves and often do nothing for me

Looks like it belongs on a emo/hardcore album cover... something like "Senses Fail" or "From Autumn To Ashes"

Doesn't really pull at my heart strings but I'm sure there is a whole following that would love it... It does have a genre and place to belong.

An annoyance that you have to try and explain your photographs … they don’t speak for themselves and often do nothing for me

I could care less what you
think. lol
I like that you find it an annoyance. Thanks for the compliment. :thumbup:

I could care less what you
think. lol
I like that you find it an annoyance. Thanks for the compliment. :thumbup:
i personally like your photos, but if you dont care why are you responding with a post that says it instead of just ignoring it?

i personally like your photos, but if you dont care why are you responding with a post that says it instead of just ignoring it?

Yes your right. Its stupid to reply to it but some comments get under my skin. I have to get better at letting them slide off.

I am glad you like my photos. It doesnt appear too many do. lol

i like that you're taking the time to set up actual scenes and from what you said the environment was like, the result is pretty good. i haven't seen any of your other stuff but apparently you're trying something a bit different than most people and i appreciate that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back